Forums

Angels of Geilinor

Quick find code: 90-91-603-66139008

murkypuddle
Nov Member 2023

murkypuddle

Posts: 34 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, I started this clan, called: "Angels of Geilinor" because I was sick of the darkness that I saw in Geilinor.

My story starts 1 year and a few months ago, when I came back from a long break. At first, I couldn't really see the bad, as I was a F2Per and only concerned with myself. I had to make money and get a membership. I needed to see what a membership had to offer.

So, there I went, basically knowing nothing more than how to alch, well...sorta. I didn't know you could alch with noted items and I thought I was slick having a hotkey for my alch spell and then clicking the item with the other. I didn't even know how to use the EoC combat mode! I was a complete noob!

Fast forward a few weeks and I was making 1 million gold an hour alching, and to me, this called for a celebration. I remember I singing the "milli" song on w3 at the GE. "I just made a milli-I just-I just made a milli", and so on.

I was ecstatic....and for good reason. I was alching, while completely AFK. I set up the mouse to be able to click in 1 spot, first the alch spell, then the item. And I figured out that noted items were alchable! I slowly improved.

I'd like to take this time to give some respect and recognition to those of you who notice a player struggling and step in to help. You people are ultimately the ones I want to be apart of this clan, because I know how it feels to be alone, struggling, poor, and on the verge of quitting.Everyone needs a father and mother, in this game, and for life, in general! It's good to be shown the proper way to do things, and you know what--It actually feels good teaching it, too. Think back to the time when TriHard7 gave you 100k randomly, out of the kindness of their heart. To the time when SirDabsAlot420 held a drop party and you got 30 oak logs! And to the time when you were schooled in lessons you had no prior knowledge of! These people deserve our respect.

15-Jan-2020 07:50:52 - Last edited on 15-Jan-2020 08:47:50 by murkypuddle

murkypuddle
Nov Member 2023

murkypuddle

So, I met a few players, got a few hand outs, learned what to do and what not to do, ended up getting scammed, but, ultimately.....GOT MY FIRST BOND!

By this time,. I had enough saved to start making some good money. My goal was once I got members, to tan all the hides I could. I learned how to make a bank preset and tanned 5,000 or so hides, but ended up losing money because the leather wouldn't sell right away. I had no patience, but this was soon to come. I moaned, I groaned, and I couldn't figure out a way for a low level player like myself to make good money, so....i went back to alching.

However, this time, though, I was alching at a more profitable rate, and was able to stack more items. My gold started to rise, and it rose, and rose....and rose to the point where I had near 200m +/-. It was enough gold to where I could use it in the GE to merch.

And merch, I did. I heard of a new update coming out..(remember all those NPCs asking if you heard about the new mining/smithing rework? You forgot already, didn't you? lol) I figured that coal was going to be used in the new ores, but i couldn't figure out why people were selling it dirt cheap! Believe it or not, coal used to be about 260gp! I was buying loads for 80gp+/-.

I thought I was going to make a killing, but lone behold the rework came and I lost everything I had, basically. How could I be so stupid? I didn't know what to do, I was lonely, depressed and on the verge of quitting, when an amazing woman representing a clan came and picked me up by the vambrace and led me to salvation. This new clan taught me how to mine the new ores and get rich, properly. I learned what a stone spirit is, what a perfect juju mining potion does and most importantly, what an ore box and Sign of The Porter are. I was making 3+m/hr now and there was just so much demand for the ores and bars, for the new armor, that I never stopped. Mining was my first 99!

15-Jan-2020 08:04:35

murkypuddle
Nov Member 2023

murkypuddle

After making some good money mining, I thought I'd try my luck in the GE, again. But, this time, I was going to merch what I new was HOT....the ore and bars! At that time, everyone wanted a piece of the new masterwork armor set. I know guys that got rich selling +4 bane plates to people who were making burial sets, etc. and also got rich from merching the ores/bars in the GE, like you're about to read.

We actually had ore shortages in the GE after the rework. The demand clearly outweighed the supply, and I could see that. I had to take advantage of this rare opportunity. We made a lot of money back in those days. My goal was to buy and sell an ore until I saw a 200gp+ price difference. If you do the math, you can buy up to 25k ores and 25,000*200gp= 5m! The thing was, though, is that I got lucky, a lot of times, and my price margin turned out to be somewhere near 4-500! ON MY BEST DAY, USING MY PHONE, I MADE 10M/hr and kept doing it over and over, until I had 300m+!

Gold wasn't an issue anymore, and that's when something clicked. I went to w3 and I turned into one of the angels I spoke so fondly of. My first giveaway was just a good old fashioned sloppy drop party, but at the GE. I just dropped Rune armor sets, but I noticed something in my travels that concerned me. As I was walking through the bank, south of the GE, I saw some people skilling there, smelting bars, smithing swords, etc. I immediately stopped and said, "Hey, guys, if you go to W3 in Burthorpe you can get more xp by leeching off their pulse cores!" Most didn't listen but there were a few that thanked me. It felt good.

Now, I started feeling like I was giving away too much money, so I guess I needed a cheaper way to feel good. My eye was open, at this time, and this is when I saw a lot of pain in Geilinor.

Everyday there are literally hundreds, maybe even thousands , of noobs roaming Geiliinor in need of help. They can be found wearing melee armor, holding a crossbow!

15-Jan-2020 08:35:25

murkypuddle
Nov Member 2023

murkypuddle

They can be found mining, whiping sweat from their brow, exhausted because they've yet to turn on their mining stamina bar! They can be found tipping headless arrows in the middle of lumbridge, without using a fletcher. They can be found selling items for cheaper than the actual cost, etc etc, The point I'm trying to make is if you open your eyes, you can see them. And they need you! That's what this is all about. It's about helping people in your path, as you were helped or as you'd like to be helped.

If you join this clan, you're no longer just playing a game...you're savinng souls. You're gaining karma "points" that can be redeemed IRL! Think about it!!!!!! If you take a guy who's tipping 1,000,000 headless and show him what a fletcher, think about how much actual time, energy and LIFE, you've saved him! I like to think that it'll come back on you, in a positive way. Imbuing your soul with the essence of life itself. Join us and finally start living.

New or old, it doesn't matter, we're here to help. Let me show you the ways I made my money and help you get rich. Let me take you to the free worlds and show you what it's like to father or mother a child by sponsoring them. This isn't just a game, it's a family.

We have a website on the way, where I'll have listed things like a warbands timer, current items to merch, the Goldberg Machine rune of the day, tips, tricks, stories, events, free giveaways, and more. Don't you want to help?

15-Jan-2020 08:44:23 - Last edited on 15-Jan-2020 08:50:57 by murkypuddle

Quick find code: 90-91-603-66139008 Back to Top