Forums

Infernal Star - W. Flash Event

Quick find code: 75-76-365-66290541

QuestCape1
Oct Member 2023

QuestCape1

Posts: 421 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am sick and tired of wasting my time going to do the Infernal Star Wilderness Flash Event and never having enough time to finish. It was over in about 20-30 seconds and I never have enough time to deal enough damage. I am max combat so it shouldn't be that hard. It's bad enough I can't even see what's going on with all of the stuff happening but I can still manage to keep clicking the Pyrefiends.

There literally wasn't enough time for a max combat player to deal the required amount of damage in time which is ridiculous.

I stopped doing Infernal Star before and this time I thought I would try it again and it this was the worst time yet. It's safe to say I will not be doing it any more. I do not understand why is has to be so disappointing.

17-Nov-2023 18:12:39

Hoopnotic
Nov Member 2023

Hoopnotic

Posts: 172 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FWIW, you can estimate the event duration on world population, for example infernal star (pyrefiend phase) in a 1000 population world will last 3 minutes, 500 population generally closer to 2 minutes, and 1400+ may last 4 minutes.

For KBD event you want to avoid 1000+ so the spires don't become invisible, 500+ is ideal for KBD.

A big one for Infernal star is keybinding target cycle, this can be done by going to settings > combat and action bar > targeting > target cycling keybinds, then pick forward and assign a key. You want to basically press this keybind after every ability cast at Infernal star.

For continuing Infernal star on low population worlds, necromancy with threads of fate will get you 70K in 2 abilities.

18-Nov-2023 20:48:59 - Last edited on 18-Nov-2023 20:50:18 by Hoopnotic

QuestCape1
Oct Member 2023

QuestCape1

Posts: 421 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I tried everything and still couldn't do it in time. I tried joining a world with a lot, a little and in between and still nothing. It's usually over in less than a minute on all worlds (including with a lot). I even joined a world where I was the only one at the event and died in 2 seconds with max stats, full inventory of food and Masterwork with Nox Scythe and best in slot perks (Aftershock 4). Couldn't even eat fast enough.

But the other worlds I was constantly attacking with max stats, Nox Scythe with best perks and still couldn't do enough damage. I have tried all other Flash Events including all 3 special ones and those are fine like the Evil Bloodwood Tree is really good. I do not do the Black Dragon as I die and can't see what's going on. I just take too much damage, even with Anti Fire Potions, food, etc.

Also I have seen the Infernal Star event happening soon and passed on it many many times but this time I decided to try it. After this last try I really can't try no more. I can't say one day I will when I get higher stats or gear because I'm at max everything now. So there really is no way I could ever possibly try Infernal Star again.

Besides that, I enjoy playing Runescape a lot but when I try to do Infernal Star I actually get too upset. So I probably shouldn't try it anymore just so I can enjoy Runescape.

25-Nov-2023 08:15:34 - Last edited on 25-Nov-2023 09:09:34 by QuestCape1

Quick find code: 75-76-365-66290541 Back to Top