Forums

PARTYHATS on FEMALE vs MALE

Quick find code: 74-75-772-66216927

Citi Bank

Citi Bank

Posts: 3,690 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi!

Partyhats show up noticeably smaller on female characters than on male characters. This isn't fair. My partyhat looks smaller than partyhats my male friends wear.

Can partyhats be fixed to show up as the same size on both female and male characters please? This has been an issue for years - it's about time we tackle the problem!

Thank you very much,
Citi Bank
~Citi

Visit the Item Discussion Chat Lounge!
PM me to buy/ sell rares! DM me on Discord: citi bank rs#7186

27-May-2021 07:07:47

Kopaka
Dec Member 2023

Kopaka

Posts: 3,578 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This isn't fair

Sorry but...what?

I don't see how this has anything to do with fairness.

You do know that nearly every piece of equipment looks different on the male/female character models?

Personally I find the outfits which look the exact same on both character models are extremely dull. (Legatus Maximus outfit being one of the few examples)

I find that female characters by and large have much better cosmetic options than male characters.

But that's fine. Because anyone can play as a female character or a male character. It's completely the player's choice.

If you care a lot about the size of your party hat, you can choose to play as a male character.

Forcing every person who plays as a female character to have male-character-sized party hats seems super bizarre to me and - I obviously haven't asked around - but I would imagine there might be some people who wouldn't want it to be changed.

Long story short...I'm happy that the male and female characters look different. I'm happy they have different hairstyles. Different titles. Different outfits. It provides more personalization options and a greater sense of uniqueness.

But as a final note...maybe when they finally do their character avatar refresh it will be somewhat different? You can hope.

27-May-2021 15:47:45

Sylvanheart
Oct Member 2023

Sylvanheart

Posts: 222 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, I personally can't say I've noticed the problem. It's exclusive to a tiny number of elite players and very old veterans, after all. Also, I disagree that it is in any way "unfair".

However, I do seem to recall a time when skillcape models were different on male/female characters? The female version was longer. I feel like they "fixed" that at some point to make them the same? Personally, I always preferred the long version and appreciated the ability to choose. But I didn't want to have to change my character to do so.

So I suppose I could support adding the ability to choose the model size, or otherwise just making it the same regardless? However, this is such a small issue that affects such a small number of players that I really can't see it being considered worth the time by Jagex.

03-Jun-2022 14:14:52

Quick find code: 74-75-772-66216927 Back to Top