Forums

Lending Borrowed Phats

Quick find code: 74-75-719-66282607

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,647 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Considering how small the forum population is, allowing players to use a borrowed phat from their friend to get a phat forum picture doesn't seem like it would be too op.

Let players lend their phats to friends in a special way, say the lender can specific "Photo Booth Loan" on the right click while in trade window, and the borrower can then use that phat to get a phat forum avatar.

The last time item lending had a update was 5 years ago, so it's about time to allow phat owners to safely lend their phat to someone without risk of the person running off with the phat (yes even after phats crashed from max cash update).

Inb4 why can't you trust your friends to not scam well why can't we be safe and not like someone got scammed on stream for a blue phat they gave to a player for them to get their forum picture?

We all know about that incident right where a streamer trusted a guy for a while and got his phat stolen?

Photo booth loaned phats have (Photo Booth) on their item id, so it's slightly different from a normal borrowed phat. The phat can then be discarded or kept depending on the trade's agreed settings.

As like other forum photos, a photo booth loaned phat forum avatar will disappear back into a blank helmet if your membership lapses.

Thoughts?

26-Jun-2023 19:45:47

Ryusui
Aug Member 2020

Ryusui

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I support this. I've been trying to gather enough GP for a Party hat on my main account for a whopping 10(+) years.

I'd really love to have a photo with a Party hat. It's just pure nostalgia for me, a dream item that I can't get now or ever in the future with my PvM skills and my lack of patience and concentration for things like clues etc.

01-Jul-2023 23:19:47

Quick find code: 74-75-719-66282607 Back to Top