Forums

Failed Ushabti soul capture

Quick find code: 74-75-616-66251225

Dcbss

Dcbss

Posts: 43 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Assigned by Sumona – corrupted creatures. Hint was she killed Crocodiles with water spells. Killed at least 20 of each creature allowed by my lvl 113 slayer. No soul captured by my ushabti.. Is this a glitch or what? Perhaps?

19-Apr-2022 13:30:14

WTFmybacon
Oct Member 2010

WTFmybacon

Posts: 4,203 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Ushabti soul capture works on a percent based chance (like most other stuff in RuneScape).
Since you are saying you killed corrupted creatures with 113 Slayer while on task, assuming you were to try and get a soul from corrupted lizards, you would have a 1,805/500,000 chance to acquire the soul after each kill.
And this is coming from the nifty calculator from the Ushabti wiki page. If you want to know the other creatures' chances and how it generally works, then you can find it here:
https://runescape.wiki/w/Ushabti
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

19-Apr-2022 16:58:13

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,167 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dcbss said :
Assigned by Sumona – corrupted creatures. Hint was she killed Crocodiles with water spells. Killed at least 20 of each creature allowed by my lvl 113 slayer. No soul captured by my ushabti.. Is this a glitch or what?

nope. you havent killed many at all for the soul to be captured.

its a 1:476 chance to get the soul, so yeah killing 20 isnt close to the DR. so no definitely no glitch or even bad luck.
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

19-Apr-2022 21:33:21

Saykrid
Oct Member 2014

Saykrid

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there. I have 154 souls most of them caught under or near the calculated rates.
Two of the souls Moss Golem and Imperial guard akh I have over three times the kills of the calculated rate of 476. Just bad luck or is this normal for these creatures?
Cheers

29-Sep-2022 14:06:00

Pachuli714
Mar Member 2008

Pachuli714

Posts: 4,549 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The problem with all this is that people take those rates to be carved in stone or treat them as if they actually meant anything. They don't. It's down to RNG and that's it.

I went to Kuradel to see if I could force an Edimmu task as I'd never fought them before. I got lucky and was able to do just that. Off I went, with an empty ushabti in my inventory and on my 10th kill, captured a soul.

I could just as easily have spent literally hours, days, weeks trying to get the damn thing and still walked away empty. In fact, I have done just that for the Feline Akh and have nothing to show for my efforts at all. Probably around 3k kills.

30-Sep-2022 17:12:49

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pachuli714 said :
The problem with all this is that people take those rates to be carved in stone or treat them as if they actually meant anything. They don't. It's down to RNG and that's it.

I went to Kuradel to see if I could force an Edimmu task as I'd never fought them before. I got lucky and was able to do just that. Off I went, with an empty ushabti in my inventory and on my 10th kill, captured a soul.

I could just as easily have spent literally hours, days, weeks trying to get the damn thing and still walked away empty. In fact, I have done just that for the Feline Akh and have nothing to show for my efforts at all. Probably around 3k kills.

Agreed.

Its annoying how ppl forget that just because somethings 1/xxx doesnt mean you'll get it in that many kills.

Each kill is that roll and its exactly like rolling a six sided die and never getting a 4.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

01-Oct-2022 00:40:11

Quick find code: 74-75-616-66251225 Back to Top