Forums

Ge Tax Cap on Expensive Items

Quick find code: 74-75-579-66273705

Lumbys Hero
Nov Member 2014

Lumbys Hero

Posts: 2,005 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex,

Could we get a cap on the tax amount for items over a certain GP value? I've been waiting for phats to be traded in the GE for years and years but I don't see anyone in their right mind loosing 1 bill GP on a 50 bill transaction... It would be nice if there was a fixed amount of tax on items over a certain amount of gold.

I hope I get to see the graphs moving for some of these high valued items and not the entire community forced into player to player trading due to such a severe penalty for using the GE.

Best,

- Hero
RS
CLASSIC
VET
|
THREE
Round
COMBAT
|
STAKING
In
L.U.M.B.Y
|
TANK
Mages
DRANNER WALL

02-Feb-2023 17:43:43 - Last edited on 05-Feb-2023 22:17:16 by Lumbys Hero

Lumbys Hero
Nov Member 2014

Lumbys Hero

Jeremy Cheng said :
Support cap the tax to 50m max for expensive items

Ya I mean nobody is going to give up 1+ bill on a GE tax... They need to have a cap on insanely expensive items... They have a min value for the tax to take effect. They need a cap on insanely expensive items as well so people will actually trade high valued items in the GE and not just utilize player to player trades.

Best,

- Hero
RS
CLASSIC
VET
|
THREE
Round
COMBAT
|
STAKING
In
L.U.M.B.Y
|
TANK
Mages
DRANNER WALL

03-Feb-2023 18:14:53 - Last edited on 03-Feb-2023 18:18:00 by Lumbys Hero

Ruby_Red0
Jun Member 2022

Ruby_Red0

Posts: 188 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Im curious...

Would you still request a tax cap if it meant a need to return to higher death costs in exchange?
New(ish) Player
:
This is YOUR world, and I'm just a squirrel tryin' to get a nut.
;)
RS3: The game where RWTers are more important than Real Live Players

08-Feb-2023 20:40:10

Mel 624
Dec Member 2021

Mel 624

Posts: 744 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The current death cost reduction dropped its gold sinking to 14B. The stats in their post indicated that PvM generates 24B in gold drops. They didn't make any calculations for the source of alch gold but PvM is contributing to some of that too, through things like salvage and spring cleaner alching. That's without factoring how much PvM gold generation will increase by from more players being involved. They dropped the costs too low.

On the tax side of things, they said they were aiming to compensate for 56B of gold generation from the death costs decrease but went for a tax that dropped it by 86B. That's 30B over what they needed and close to the entire daily gold generation pre death costs adjustments (88B). It's too high even without changing death costs.

What they should've done was balance the gold sink/generation ratio of shops and PvM, fixed alchemy and then looked at whether or not they still needed a tax to get the game's gold generation to neutral.
How to block a forum user

Death And Taxes: An Analysis

08-Feb-2023 22:40:47

Daddy Roshi
Jan Member 2018

Daddy Roshi

Posts: 3,348 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ruby_Red0 said :
Im curious...

Would you still request a tax cap if it meant a need to return to higher death costs in exchange?
im curious if u had the money for a phat would u be willing to pay an extra 1b in taxes?
200m defence 08-10-2021

comp cape 12-19-2021

08-Feb-2023 23:03:09 - Last edited on 08-Feb-2023 23:03:21 by Daddy Roshi

Ruby_Red0
Jun Member 2022

Ruby_Red0

Daddy Roshi said :
Ruby_Red0 said :
Im curious...

im curious if u had the money for a phat would u be willing to pay an extra 1b in taxes?

I dont see anyone selling phats. I see people trying to buy them. Never saw a completed transaction.

I would never buy a phat at any price. It does nothing to enhance gameplay. I dont like the tax at all, but that's neither here nor there.

Ive answered your question - bad example really. The only items that have status in the game for me are those that can help me accomplish a goal. A phat wont do that, unless my only goal is to stand at the bank trying to lend one out for a 1 or 2M an hour.

I would like an answer to my question from the OP, if thats okay with everyone....

Would he be willing to to take on paying for his Death Costs again in exchange for having no tax, or a tax cap like he requested?
New(ish) Player
:
;)

08-Feb-2023 23:47:37

Ruby_Red0
Jun Member 2022

Ruby_Red0

It seems like Lumbys Hero hasnt returned to his thread in a week. Too bad. I mean if he was serious, he would keep an eye on it and participate in it, right?
New(ish) Player
:
;)

10-Feb-2023 21:03:37

Lumbys Hero
Nov Member 2014

Lumbys Hero

Ruby_Red0 said :
It seems like Lumbys Hero hasnt returned to his thread in a week. Too bad. I mean if he was serious, he would keep an eye on it and participate in it, right?

Sorry buddy, I am a union steel worker and don't have too much time for RS anymore (about one day a week for a few hours).

to your comment:

"I would like an answer to my question from the OP, if thats okay with everyone....

Would he be willing to to take on paying for his Death Costs again in exchange for having no tax, or a tax cap like he requested?"

I could care less about death costs. I don't boss nor do I think they were insanely expensive with the Ring of Death. The current death system is 1000% better then the system I grew up with in RSC.
When you died, ten people would run over and loot your gear while you spawned in Lumby naked with three items.

The point your missing is it would be nice to see people trading items in the GE instead of avoiding the GE due to the insanely high tax on expensive items. An expensive item could be a discontinued rare or some of the best gear in the game. I can see your not thrilled about phats or something?

Anyway, instead of the same five to ten merchants out in front of the GE flipping the stuff, I hope the trades do occur in the GE but the 2% tax on items that cost a fortune is a huge deterrent.

Regards,

- Hero
RS
CLASSIC
VET
|
THREE
Round
COMBAT
|
STAKING
In
L.U.M.B.Y
|
TANK
Mages
DRANNER WALL

13-Feb-2023 00:44:55 - Last edited on 13-Feb-2023 01:00:57 by Lumbys Hero

Ruby_Red0
Jun Member 2022

Ruby_Red0

Lumbys Hero said :
Ruby_Red0 said :

Sorry buddy, I am a union steel worker and don't have too much time for RS anymore (about one day a week for a few hours).

to your comment:

"I would like an answer to my question from the OP, if thats okay with everyone....

Would he be willing to to take on paying for his Death Costs again in exchange for having no tax, or a tax cap like he requested?"

I could care less about death costs. I don't boss nor do I think they were insanely expensive with the Ring of Death. The current death system is 1000% better then the system I grew up with in RSC.
When you died, ten people would run over and loot your gear while you spawned in Lumby naked with three items.

The point your missing is it would be nice to see people trading items in the GE instead of avoiding the GE due to the insanely high tax on expensive items. An expensive item could be a discontinued rare or some of the best gear in the game. I can see your not thrilled about phats or something?

Anyway, instead of the same five to ten merchants out in front of the GE flipping the stuff, I hope the trades do occur in the GE but the 2% tax on items that cost a fortune is a huge deterrent.

Regards,

- Hero

Oh no. Im not missing your point, but it would be unfair if the tax was not simply removed entirely.

You know - one man's garbage is another man's treasure and all that.

They tried to sell the tax as it being needed to cover the coin skimmed out of the game from Death Costs which would naturally *ahem* lead more people to try PVM in someone's opinion.

Thanks for your reply. I like your relatively mature outlook on the topic.
New(ish) Player
:
;)

13-Feb-2023 01:19:35 - Last edited on 13-Feb-2023 01:38:43 by Ruby_Red0

Quick find code: 74-75-579-66273705 Back to Top