Forums

September Raffle?

Quick find code: 74-75-554-66263319

Gobin
Mar Member 2020

Gobin

Posts: 1,080 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Any idea why this raffle got swept under the rug? Was looking forward to the attempt of golden sets since I didn't have the luck to get any last year. Seeing September coming to an end, I take it that this raffle will be skipped this year? "Anything lost can be found again, except for time wasted."

28-Sep-2022 17:37:36

Azure Sora

Azure Sora

Posts: 90 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was also looking forward to the raffle this year, but I guess with FSW they didn't want to overload themselves?

The raffle is one of my favorite events, and I have a few golden sets myself, but I'd really like a golden godsword.

28-Sep-2022 21:17:01

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Posts: 2,372 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To be honest, after last year's attempt to fix the problem with the Raffle didn't really fix the things it was supposed to (there were reports of entire bot farms exploiting it), I'm not surprised in the least. Shame about the Golden cosmetics not coming back (I've got a nagging suspicion that one part of the Legacy of Zamorak arc will involve Daemonheim in some way; if so, that might provide an avenue to bring back Golden Chaotics permanently, but I'm not holding my breath), but unfortunately every single one of these Raffle events has been abused to hell and back so maybe it's for the best.

29-Sep-2022 08:45:19 - Last edited on 29-Sep-2022 08:45:46 by Vengeance of

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vengeance of said :
To be honest, after last year's attempt to fix the problem with the Raffle didn't really fix the things it was supposed to (there were reports of entire bot farms exploiting it), I'm not surprised in the least. Shame about the Golden cosmetics not coming back (I've got a nagging suspicion that one part of the Legacy of Zamorak arc will involve Daemonheim in some way; if so, that might provide an avenue to bring back Golden Chaotics permanently, but I'm not holding my breath), but unfortunately every single one of these Raffle events has been abused to hell and back so maybe it's for the best.

Sad but true.

So hopefully they release the goldens in some other fashion as they deserve to.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

29-Sep-2022 11:07:46

Gobin
Mar Member 2020

Gobin

Posts: 1,080 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Dilbert

Sure there has always been a raffle in September in 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2019 and i believe last year it was something new like "lucky dip" also in September
"Anything lost can be found again, except for time wasted."

30-Sep-2022 18:42:39

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
There has never been anything called "September Raffle" in RS3.

We have sort of Raffle content in the past, and most of such events didn't come in September.

Yes it has:

https://runescape.wiki/w/Balthazar%27s_Big_Raffle

https://runescape.wiki/w/Leonard%27s_Lucky_Dip

Both always happened in September.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

01-Oct-2022 00:17:06 - Last edited on 01-Oct-2022 00:30:38 by Draco Burnz

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :
Dilbert2001 said :
There has never been anything called "September Raffle" in RS3.

We have sort of Raffle content in the past, and most of such events didn't come in September.

Yes it has:

https://runescape.wiki/w/Balthazar%27s_Big_Raffle

https://runescape.wiki/w/Leonard%27s_Lucky_Dip

Both always happened in September.

No. They didn't always run every year and not always on exclusively on September when they ran in some years. There were years where we saw them in August and October too.

01-Oct-2022 15:52:12

Quick find code: 74-75-554-66263319 Back to Top