Forums

Daemonheim in hard mode

Quick find code: 74-75-528-66287687

Woody Chain
Sep Member 2005

Woody Chain

Posts: 1,926 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When I try to play in hard mode that is not available.
I click on the ? and it tells me that to be able to access hard mode, I must have completed all elite tasks, which I have I have checked and have complexity 6 which I have chosen
I do still have 2 medium tasks to do, but one of them is almost impossible to do now. it is port enter and I have tried so many times to lower my stats so I can use a portant of passage V but it never works out.
The question is the requirements just say the need to have done all elites which I have.
Is that wrong?

22-Sep-2023 21:11:17

Saryssa
Sep Member 2023

Saryssa

Posts: 404 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's the way all of the diaries work (or whatever they're called these days). You don't get the rewards for a particular level unless you also have completed all the levels before it.

You could consider it a task that is assumed: one of the elite tasks is to have completed all the easy, all the medium, and all the hard tasks.

Port Enter has always been tricky to get for characters with max stats. Jagex eventually tweaked the other dungeoneering task that was way too dependent on RNG (the frost dragon bones one), and I think this one could do with tweaking too. Having the warped gorajan trailblazer outfit makes this achievement harder, because you can't turn its boost off.

The wiki suggests fighting Har'lakk the Riftsplitter. If you've done the easy tasks, you can select the final boss once per day. For more runs per day, ask your friends to help by running floors with you where they've selected Har'lakk as the final boss.

From the wiki:
Original message details are unavailable.
it is possible to complete by taking advantage of a fairly unknown mechanic from Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter, who is found on floors 18 to 29. When in combat with the boss, he will rarely shout "This will cut you down to size!", creating a 3x3 area effect of portals that rapidly drain almost every skill. Because of this, the player is much more likely to find a skill door to use a portent with, due to almost all of their skills receiving the drain (unlike the previously mentioned method, which only drains one skill). It also drains them at a much faster rate, completely negating the outfit's stat restoring ability. This gives the player more time and flexibility to unlock a skill door using a portent.
Cranky old woman

23-Sep-2023 03:46:28 - Last edited on 23-Sep-2023 03:47:20 by Saryssa

Woody Chain
Sep Member 2005

Woody Chain

Hmm this is still almost impossible to get to.
The only way it appears possible is to get to choose your boss perk (which I have had 3 times now) pick a large dungeon as this is the only way to get more chances of skill doors that you can leave unused before finding the boss room. (this in itself is just pure luck)
Find rooms with divination energy to make a portant or two.
Then take the boss down to almost zero, then spend ages waiting for black drops for stat reduction.
(Have already dropped a group gatestone at a skill door that is still unused)
Then pick what is hopefully a sufficient stat reduction to match the portant you hold alighning with the skill door you have left to get through, but also sufficient so you can actually finish off the boss.
Then telly to home then use group gatestone portal then get to use skill door and hope that everything aligns perfectly.
No luck so far on those lucky 3 times i got to choose boss.
There is not point doing a large dungeon in the hope to get riftsplitter as they just take too long, so I just leave a dungeon where I have not been able to pick the boss and keep starting again.
It this task really supposed to be this difficult as it relies too much upon all sorts of senarios all coming at the same time.
They need to introduce a potion you can make to reduce stats yourself or something similar.

24-Sep-2023 12:57:37

Woody Chain
Sep Member 2005

Woody Chain

OK, finally did it, took me all day, but finally.
OK, i am assuming there are not many who left that medium task for so long and have maxed, but if it helps, this is how it worked for me:
It is easy to get to choose the Riftsplitter boss.
Set the floor to 18 every time and is must be a large floor. This gives sufficient rooms and chance to get some decently high enough stat required skill doors. Even with large I came across quite a few very low skill doors with even Rift reducing them it would be impossible as you would have to reduce all skills passed the point where you could not finish off Rift,
After choosing large room, then it will either ask you to choose a boss or it will not.
If it does not, just enter the dungean then straight back out again and repeat until you get the option to choose.
You then have to hope that by the time you have found the boss room (which for me every single time left no more than 5-6 doors to open, and you might have guessed, only one of those was a skill door and even with 3-4 keys I have none of them fit the remaining 3-4 key doors, so many times I had to use the skill door and that left none left when I got to do the boss, it will be pure luck.
But assuming you have got to the boss with a reasonably high enough skill door left. Leave a gate stone at that door.
Fight Rift until almost dead (auto-retaliate must be off for this fight otherwise you risk killing him before time) then run around avoiding the purple and orange drops (they can deal very large damage) but when he drops the black ones (stat reducing) wallow in it as long as you can as it quickly reduces all stats. I had to normally stay in 2-4 lots of black before stats were reduced sufficienty. I have eat on my CB bar so I can keep open the skills tab to watch the reduction so I can then kill him when I have the skill suitably reduced. Then tele to that door.
If you have reduced skill too much do not worry, just watch skill level rise until portant works.

24-Sep-2023 15:59:08

WTFmybacon
Oct Member 2010

WTFmybacon

Posts: 4,203 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
While it's too late for you now, I would still like to mention that it's also a good idea to enable "Guide Mode" since then the critical path (the path that will need to be taken to reach the boss) will be lit up when checking the map.
That way you know which [skill] doors to skip until you have reduced your stats.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

24-Sep-2023 18:52:07

Woody Chain
Sep Member 2005

Woody Chain

Thank you WTFmybacon

To be honest I did dungeoneering so long ago I did not ever use or even realise guide mode was a thing when I did it.

It would have reduced the rooms I had to do.

Glad you mention it for any others.

24-Sep-2023 20:24:45

Quick find code: 74-75-528-66287687 Back to Top