Forums

Sacrifice Loot For Defender

Quick find code: 74-75-261-66263858

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,647 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can jagex add the ability to sacrifice all barrows loot from the barrows chest for an increased drop chance of the corruption sigil by talking to the strange old man?

Can jagex add the ability to sacrifice all nex loot from nex for an increased drop chance of the ancient emblem by talking to ashuelot reis?

Can jagex add the ability to sacrifice all kalphite king loot from kk for an increased drop chance of perfect chitin by clicking a sign next to kalphite king lair entrance?

Let players earn their defender pieces at the cost of no other loot from the defender dropping bosses.

05-Oct-2022 22:47:22

Sylvanheart
Oct Member 2023

Sylvanheart

Posts: 222 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If they could throw in a way to get defenders without requiring high-end bossing, that would be nice.

Typically, I have no problem with locking powerful equipment behind bosses. It's fair enough. I generally don't need high-end gear from bosses for anything except fighting those same high-end bosses. So it's a nice circular reward system for PvM lovers.

But in this case, it's not just a powerful 2H sword or bow locked behind bosses. It's an entire class of off-hand weapon . Keep the current defenders as boss-only unlocks if you have to. Just for the love of god please add the ability to craft basic T70-80 ones by doing some Warrior Guild unlock thing, then just make the ones that come from bosses better than the crafted ones. T60 is useless. The minimum for useful gear in casual play is T70, with T80 for an easier ride. T90 isn't really necessary for anything casual except maybe a few of the more painful slayer mobs.

They could throw in a T85 defender from Ports or something too.

06-Oct-2022 13:25:47 - Last edited on 06-Oct-2022 14:37:43 by Sylvanheart

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Posts: 6,207 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sylvanheart said :
If they could throw in a way to get defenders without requiring high-end bossing, that would be nice.

Typically, I have no problem with locking powerful equipment behind bosses. It's fair enough. I generally don't need high-end gear from bosses for anything except fighting those same high-end bosses. So it's a nice circular reward system for PvM lovers.

But in this case, it's not just a powerful 2H sword or bow locked behind bosses. It's an entire class of off-hand weapon . Keep the current defenders as boss-only unlocks if you have to. Just for the love of god please add the ability to craft basic T70-80 ones by doing some Warrior Guild unlock thing, then just make the ones that come from bosses better than the crafted ones. T60 is useless. The minimum for useful gear in casual play is T70, with T80 for an easier ride. T90 isn't really necessary for anything casual except maybe a few of the more painful slayer mobs.

They could throw in a T85 defender from Ports or something too.
Getting the sigil for barrows isn't hard I don't think. It's early pre-eoc content. You can do it with T60-T70 gear. To be honest you could probably manage with T-50-60 weapons even. It's hat we primarily used in Darkscape, things like halberds, DDS. Mystic BattleStaff. All pretty cheap to get. If you've done the quest for the Salve Amulet and have Ghost Hunter equipment, you've got plenty of damage bonus. Those all have no real requirements to get. I think the Barrows Defenders real issue is the requiring of barrows gear to craft. This ups the cost drastically. And if you're ironman? Good Luck.

Then, we go to Nex. Huge, and I mean huge, jump in difficulty over barrows.
Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

06-Oct-2022 23:09:40

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Not sure how we could manage a lower quality one craftable. I do think defenders need some looking at to begin with, theres very little reason to use them over standard two-hand or shield switch. Defensives scale with shield level, so lower level shield means losing out on bonus there, as well as damage bonus from the tier drop in weapon effectiveness. Just lowering stats with crftable ones would make things even worse. If there was more of a penalty for switching gear mid-battle, and boss dropped ones got some kind of extra bonus, like maybe faster ability cooldown, they might see more use. But right now they son't see much use outside the odd achto user.

Honestly though we'd need to see some serious changes in how gear works for Defenders to be more than just a niche thing. Because EoC is all about gear. I wish Jagex would spend a year just reworking the combat system to be more enjoyable for pvm and pvp, giving things like defenders more of a use.
Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

06-Oct-2022 23:09:49

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Draco Burnz said :
Sylvanheart said :

Just saying but these are high-end weapons we're dealing with here so it only makes sense.

Not everything needs to be "easy" to get.
Just saying, but it's not so much about making it "easy to get" as it is about making it "viable to use"
Leader of The Enemy ||
YOU
are their evil

06-Oct-2022 23:10:32

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jack Flac said :
Just saying, but it's not so much about making it "easy to get" as it is about making it "viable to use"

Yet how arent they already "viable to use"?

If ppl want these so badly, theres plenty of masses that take on these bosses that you can easily get these upgrades from.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

07-Oct-2022 00:57:19 - Last edited on 07-Oct-2022 01:49:18 by Draco Burnz

Quick find code: 74-75-261-66263858 Back to Top