Forums

Dominion Tower Frustrations

Quick find code: 74-75-21-66262906

HogwartsProf

HogwartsProf

Posts: 529 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've recently been trying to get the task set of armor, so I've been completing the different area tasks (I have my own qualms with how many tasks require I play dead minigames... but that's for another post).

I'm a casual player who likes lore-related content -- To put into perspective, my account is 15 years old, and I've yet to achieve a 99, but I've achieved and re-achieved the Quest cape over the years.

So while I try to attain 450 kills in the dominion tower (a huge ask relative to other non-elite tasks I've had to do... days of effort instead of minutes...), I've become really annoyed with a lot of features of the Dominion Tower:

- I feel like I'm being punished for having a quest cape? I keep being put against really hard bosses that were a challenge during their respective quests for me. It's now just a game of "Oh, I got Nomad/Pest Queen/etc again, guess this run is a bust.". I'm jealous of people who have done fewer of the high level quests and can get the achievements more easily.

- I'm bothered by the inconsistency of when they supply necessary items? I'm basically forced to wear hybrid armor because of how often I get locked into a specific combat style for a boss. It's taken a lot of frustration to figure out exactly what is necessary to bring on a run. I've failed runs because of missing certain runes, wearing the wrong armor type, not bringing anti-fires, not wearing ice gauntlets... it's really frustrating the number of times I've just had to stand in a boss fight and die, ending a run, because I simply didn't know what would and wouldn't be handed to me.

- A lot of the bosses have mechanics that should've faded into memory when the respective quests are complete... I've gotten really annoyed losing because my character refuses to retarget attacks during Dagganoth sentinel fight, despite me spam clicking the other dagganoth. And don't get me started on Char or Zenevivia and how long those take.

Is there any hope of a Dominion Tower revamp?

24-Sep-2022 01:48:24

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There is a strategy guide here you may want to take a look:

https://runescape.wiki/w/Dominion_Tower/Strategies#Climber

To me, it is better just to stop climbing and start from floor 1 again whenever you find a tough or tedious opponent. Remember, your 450 kill counts don't have to come in one or a few streaks. Killing one boss in 450 rounds is as good as killing 20 boss at 23 rounds.

The rewards are bad? It depends on what are you looking for. Since you are doing the 450 bosses, I'll assume you are going for the dreadnips. They are actually very good. For the first set of dreadnips you need to kill 450 bosses, but subsequently you only need to kill 25 of them to get another set. Dominion mines are very good too. They can speed up kills even in some boss fights too. For instance, they can be used to kill the Black Hands with the Black Stone Dragon and the corrupted crystals on the back of Seiryu.

As for forgetting to bring whatever item needed. I'll suggest using bank presets so you will never forget your antifirepoision, shield, or whatnots.

24-Sep-2022 02:17:32 - Last edited on 24-Sep-2022 02:43:24 by Dilbert2001

Solchi
Jan Member 2020

Solchi

Posts: 4,623 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Whatever you do - don't get rid of at least one of your dominion staffs.
You'll need it later.
I've been trying for it for over a week now and it's hell.
Also - get out of revolution and use legacy for a number of the bosses - super easy one hits on many.
And - you'll need to fight all the bosses to get your Dominion 4 level to finish Desert tasks so - no - you're not being penalized for having a quest cape. :)
Best of luck to you - I know it's a HUGE pain in the arse but - it is Runescape after all.

27-Sep-2022 20:00:42

RearWhole
Jan Member 2023

RearWhole

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I Quit, i had just bought some barros gear thinking the half health debuff would assist me, but i didn't know there was a remove chest piece debuff, so curious if it removes my item set bonus i took it,(it does duh) well after a few bosses i finally died... but my chest plate was no where to be found, i searched the dominion tower reward chest, my inventory, and my bank, no where to be found.
:@
My Clan didnt have much to say becides check the things i already checked, and sware I lost it... so i told them i bet i would have the same conversation with a jagex employee, and they would still tell me I lost it. so i wanted to save myself some hassle and just rage post that i quit your dumb game cuz of some dumb glitch for some cheap gear i could easily buy again....
to think i wanted completionist and max stats lol that was a good joke...

25-May-2023 19:30:53 - Last edited on 25-May-2023 19:35:51 by RearWhole

Quick find code: 74-75-21-66262906 Back to Top