Forums

Above Gielinor-1st SpaceLaunch

Quick find code: 49-50-977-60842183

Joebobjoe6

Joebobjoe6

Posts: 1,603 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is a short story I wrote about the First RuneScape Space Flight. It is purely fiction, and short enough that you can read it in one quick sitting. Hope you enjoy it!
-AYX
Make sure to read the Epilogue, it really finishes off the story well, and is a important part of the story. It can be found just after the last Capitan's Log Entry, on the first page (This Page) of this thread.
-NOTE: If you enjoyed this, and are in the mood for another (and longer) story, check out my other story: 'Crusaders of Zaros' - QFC:49-50-900-59985068
-OR, if your in the mood for another, even shorter, story, Check out my other thread:
'My Dream - A Short Story' - QFC: 49-50-674-60842575

¸,„.-••¤*º²¹'°”ˆ´˜¨˜`ˆ”°'¹²º*¤••-.,„¸¸,„.-••¤*º²¹'°”ˆ´˜¨˜`ˆ”°'¹²º*¤••-.,„¸¸,„.-••¤*º²¹'°”ˆ´˜¨˜`ˆ”°'¹²º*¤••-.,„¸
'`ˆ”°'¹²º*¤••-.,„¨`ˆ”°'¹²º*¤••-.,„¸,.., ( A b o v e - G i e l i n o r ) ,..,¸,„.-••¤*º²¹'°”ˆ´¨,„.-••¤*º²¹'°”ˆ´'
,„.-••¤*º²¹'°”ˆ´¨¸,„.-••¤*º²¹'°”ˆ´¨ (~The First Space Launch~) ¨`ˆ”°'¹²º*¤••-.,„¸¨`ˆ”°'¹²º*¤••-.,„
ˆ´˜`ˆ”°'¹²º*¤••-.,„¸¸,„.-••¤*º²¹'°”ˆ´˜`ˆ”°'¹²º*¤••-.,„¸,„.-••¤*º²¹'°”ˆ´˜`ˆ”°'¹²º*¤••-.,„¸¸,„.-••¤*º²¹'°”ˆ´˜`ˆ

PROLOGUE: This is the log of Captian Alex Davor, one of the first humans in space above Gielinor. This takes place in the future of Runescape, in the year 47, of the Sixth Age.
(We play the game in the Year 169, Fifth Age)

- CAPTAIN’S LOG - Entry One.
Captain Alex Davor of the Kingdom of Misthalin K.M.S. ‘Armadyl’s Reach’ X8 Rocket.
Logged: Time: 3:28 PM, Date: Rintra 14, Year: 47 - 6th Age.
Launch: 1600 Hours, 1/14/47/6. At: Varrock International Airport.
Current Status: Pre-Launch.
“Here I am, 32 minutes from launch. I’ve been training for almost 3 years now, and it doesn’t feel like I’m ready. The other astronauts are prepping, but I’ve had my suit on for nearly a hour now. It’s hot, but feels safe; I’ve never been so excited, or scared. There calling me now for Pre-Launch-Checks, Saradomin be with me.”

20-Apr-2010 01:46:25 - Last edited on 01-Feb-2011 03:33:31 by Joebobjoe6

Joebobjoe6

Joebobjoe6

- CAPTAIN’S LOG - Entry Two.
Captain Alex Davor of the Kingdom of Misthalin K.M.S. ‘Armadyl’s Reach’ X8 Rocket.
Logged: Time: 3:51 PM, Date: Rintra 14, Year: 47 - 6th Age.
Current Status: Pre-Launch.
“Nine minutes from launch. We are in the Command Module now, its cramped. People have gathered from all over to see us launch, the kings of Falador, Ardougne, and of course, Varrock are here. Even the President of the United Desert Nations is here. We are waiting for them to clear out Edgeville, the blast from the rockets might reach the western side. Hopefully we are not delayed, I don’t know if I will change my mind if I sit up here much longer. I’m trying to act calm, I know both of the other men are nervous, and as captain, it is my duty to be the leader. So I’m trying to keep my cool.''

20-Apr-2010 01:46:34 - Last edited on 20-Apr-2010 02:49:44 by Joebobjoe6

Joebobjoe6

Joebobjoe6

- CAPTAIN’S LOG - Entry Three.
Logged: Time: 4:00 PM, Date: Rintra 14, Year: 47 - 6th Age.
(RECORDED AFTER EVENT – AT 4:34 PM)
Current Status: Launch.
“When the countdown reached zero, my heart was beating faster than it ever has before. The rockets roared to life, and even the rune metal holding this thing together did*’t seem strong enough to withstand the force of the lift-off. The ride up was chaotic, the world seemed to be tearing apart, but somehow, we made it.”

20-Apr-2010 01:46:41 - Last edited on 20-Apr-2010 02:49:58 by Joebobjoe6

Joebobjoe6

Joebobjoe6

- CAPTAIN’S LOG - Entry Four.
Logged: Time: 5:05 PM, Date: Rintra 14, Year: 47 - 6th Age.
Current Status: 900,000 Ft. Above surface, stable orbit achieved.
“Looking down on Gielinor, I see the world in a whole new view. In the peace up here, high above ground, I find it hard to imagine all the wars and death that world has seen. From here, it looks peaceful, and beautiful. I can see Karamja, it looks like just a small dot in the vast seas. Yesterday, I felt I was doing this for my Kingdom, now I know I am doing this for all men. It is hard to imagine the beauty of this land, until you are off it. Once you are, it is hard to imagine we do anything but live in paradise, in comparison with the harsh blackness of space. If only the world could see this land as I do, far above it, I am sure all people, races, and beasts, would live in harmony, on our pretty little point of light in the sea of space, we call home.”

20-Apr-2010 01:46:50 - Last edited on 20-Apr-2010 02:50:15 by Joebobjoe6

Joebobjoe6

Joebobjoe6

- CAPTAIN’S LOG - Entry Five.
Logged: Time: 6:02 PM, Date: Rintra 14, Year: 47 - 6th Age.
Current Status: Preparing to re-enter atmosphere.
“There are no words to describe the sadness I feel. We are about to leave space, and return. Although we land in a place much more hospitable and welcoming than space. I know nothing down there can compare to the awesome sight of infinite space. Up here, I feel close to the gods. I feel as if I could reach out, and shake Guthix’s hand. When I arrive back home, I promise to spend the remainder of my days making our little world a better place.”
-Capt. Alex Davor, K.M.S. Armadyl’s Reach.

20-Apr-2010 01:46:56 - Last edited on 20-Apr-2010 02:50:31 by Joebobjoe6

Joebobjoe6

Joebobjoe6

- EPILOGUE -
The Armadyl’s Reach missions continued for the next 15 years. Davor’s mission was the first of 9 rockets to leave the atmosphere under the Armadyl's Reach project. The Armadyl’s Reach project made many important discoveries, among them, that other realms, like the Abyssal plain, could be theoretically reached without magic, by crossing the vast distances across space to its realm.
In the year 56 (6th Age), the kingdom of Kandarin succeeded in its own manned orbit flight. The two nations shortly after developed U.N.G.S.A, (United Nations of Gielinor Space Administration), and in the year 78, landed on Gielinor’s moon.
Jon Keye, the first human to step foot on the moon, was accompanied by 2 other men, and 5 Dwarves. The Dwarven space program had joined just a year before, and together, the two races were able to reach out to the heavens. The astronauts left a flag of each nation on the moon, along with the symbol of Guthix, to symbolize their appreciation for his awesome creation of the world, and its moon.
When asked what he though of the alliance of the space-fairing nations, Alex Davor replied: “When I was in space, I thought nothing could be more beautiful, I was wrong, seeing people from different races and political alignment, joining together for the greater good, that is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.''

20-Apr-2010 01:47:12 - Last edited on 20-Apr-2010 02:52:51 by Joebobjoe6

Joebobjoe6

Joebobjoe6

._-+¤-~° ) THE END ( °~-¤+-_.
Thank you for reading.
You May Now Post.
. . . . . ¸·”ˆ“¸ . . . . _„‹«-•¤^*ªº“°' -†- '°”ºª*^¤•-»›„_ . . . .¸”ˆ“·¸
. . . .¸• …..•¸ . . . ¸,.-¬*\±/ *¬-./ ___ \.-¬*\±/ *¬-.,¸ . . . ¸•..… •¸
¸…¸• … …•¸…¸ .,.-¬*ª''ª*¬-/Mythikk\-¬*ª''ª*¬-.,. ¸…¸•… … •¸…¸
“•·––––––––·•” -•=»‡«=•/ Red Hats\•=»‡«=•- “•·––––––––·•”
. <_-=" . . . . . . . .\±‡±/ˆ¨¯/Old Forums\¯¨ˆ\±‡±/. . . . . . . . "=-_> .

20-Apr-2010 02:05:27 - Last edited on 09-Sep-2010 23:21:27 by Joebobjoe6

William Witt
Aug Member 2023

William Witt

Posts: 12,465 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is a very well-written piece. Works set in the future are always interesting. :)
I enjoyed all of the futuristic references to present-day features and areas of Gielinor.
One thing, though... I believe people are already aware of the position and nature of the moon. If you take a look at any orrery, you may observe that the moon is quite visible as a round object orbiting Gielinor.
Still, this was an excellent piece, and I must commend your story-writing talents. :)
- Kittyphantom
The Asgarnian ale must flow.

20-Apr-2010 02:35:24

Joebobjoe6

Joebobjoe6

I took out that part! thanks, I looked all over the internet, but couldn't find anything on RuneScape's moon. Thanks for your praise, advice, and, most importantly, reading, of my story. I hope you enjoyed it =)
-Mythikk

20-Apr-2010 02:39:39 - Last edited on 09-Sep-2010 23:21:50 by Joebobjoe6

Quick find code: 49-50-977-60842183 Back to Top