Forums

RuneScape: Deep Exploration

Quick find code: 49-50-940-64990461

SwindlerOSRS

SwindlerOSRS

Posts: 116 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
RuneScape: Deep Exploration

Hello, I am Corrupt Sage , one of the many RuneScape veterans. I want to tell you a story of mine that I had started writing about a year ago, based off of the RuneScape feature: Dungeons of Daemonheim, Dungeoneering skill. It is my own make belief story about the dungeons when the old man which tells stories, had found the Dungeons of Daemonheim. To start off with my project book, I am going to start off by writing character journals so you can get the details of the characters. I have only created one journal, which is for the old man, but this is just the beginning of my project book.

I do not have a set date when I will complete the book, nor will I choose to, because though I like to be a writer, I tend to not like to read and sometimes stop writing for a few months because of distractions. (lol).

21-May-2013 20:05:48

SwindlerOSRS

SwindlerOSRS

Narrating “The old man’s journal” ;

It was a dark and very cold night. There were blizzards that caused the air to thicken with ice colder than the stasis of an ice barrage. I could hear the voices of the people that died when their city was destroyed by the storms that had wrecked these mysterious ruins.

The time was near the end of the day. We were hungry, cold, and wet from the water that had not frozen just yet. We needed somewhere to rest and eat. Just then, I had caught with a glimpse of my eye, a palace with glowing lights, shining from every window.

We walked to the palace, hoping that there would be extra shelter for the women, children, and other brave adventurers. When we got there, it looked as if the palace had no doors. There was no one inside, and it was dark. I had looked around the large palace. Then I had caught something with a glimpse of my eye. A large barrier of powerful dark magic had glowed in the middle of a large doorway. Then a series of smaller barriers had started to glow in the middle of other small doorways. We had stayed away from the barriers as long as we could.

Then one crazy but brave adventurer had walked into the large barrier, and disappeared. What could I do? I had no right to stop him.

Hours later, the adventurer had been found upstairs with many resources that this world had never seen for at least many ages that have gone by. The brave adventurer had told us about the strange dungeon that he found.

We had started our journey through the strange barrier. Then we had suddenly found ourselves in a large dungeon. The women and children had climbed back to the surface, to gain safety for what strange events might come.

21-May-2013 20:06:05 - Last edited on 21-May-2013 20:13:15 by SwindlerOSRS

SwindlerOSRS

SwindlerOSRS

We had found many doors, rooms, and resources that seemed very strange and natural. I could tell by the nature of the plant’s that we had found, they were not a trick to our minds. They were completely nature and native to these dungeons. We thought that if we brought these resources to the mainland, it could be possible that they could migrate unexpectedly. So we had set up rules to our findings.

The first rule was that we could not bring any items in or out of the dungeons. This was due because the barrier had enchanted our belongings with dark magic. Luckily it didn't enchant our clothes! Our second rule was that if we were to leave the dungeon, we would first leave all of our new found items in the main room.

Soon we had found out that because of the barrier, we are enchanted until we leave. The enchantment made us not able to age while we were in the dungeons! So we made a clan. A clan that was meant to stay in the dungeons and protect the dungeons from any unworthy adventurers, but ageing wasn't the only reason we had made that rule..

The other reason was that the surface had a large flood, and the city had sunken under the deep waters that surrounded it. The women and children had drowned, and had sunk under the water. We had no way out. We had few resources. The enchantment didn't stop our hunger or thirst.

We then knew that we must use our resources wisely, and make rations. We must farm our plants and allow animals to breed. Otherwise, we will be likely to perish.

21-May-2013 20:06:19 - Last edited on 21-May-2013 20:24:01 by SwindlerOSRS

SwindlerOSRS

SwindlerOSRS

Narrating “Renolf’s Journal” ;

I had been traveling with my old man. He was getting weak and stiff. There wasn't much time before we get separated.

The colony had hired me onto the protector’s clan. There wasn't much of a choice anyways. Though I was only a young sapling, I was able to fight swiftly. I did not have much strength, but through time I had proven myself to be a powerful leader.

I was set into a squad of warriors and wizards. Our first task was upon us. We were to be the first of our colony to head into other dungeon rooms. Our task was to find a room to store our riches and resources in. I had been set as the leader of the squad, but I doubted my worthiness.

I felt like there was going to be difficult challenges upon us. We could hear footsteps through the doors. A cold breeze had swept around the room. Our task was a go.

We opened the doors and walked in a dark room, then closed the doors behind us. Luckily one of the wizards had a spell that could lighten up his hands and the area around him. We had searched the room, but had found nothing but two sets of doors. One doors had a binding of magic that seemed to have needed a key to open. The other doors were plain.

We had walked towards the plain doors, and started to hear the footsteps again. The footsteps seemed louder. We also heard a fire burning in the room past the plain doors.

We had to go in, so we tried to open the doors, but it was sealed shut by a wooden seal. Then one of the warriors had walked up to the doors. He then pulled out a tinderbox, and started to light the seal on fire. Then the doors’ seal had turned to ash. The door was now able to be opened.

I felt like it wasn't going to be so bad after all. We opened the doors to find a furnace, an anvil, and a blacksmith that was human! It was great to see someone that was local to the dungeons; which knew the dungeons. We greeted him and he told us that we had to go back!

21-May-2013 20:06:42 - Last edited on 21-May-2013 21:18:52 by SwindlerOSRS

SwindlerOSRS

SwindlerOSRS

He told us that we had to escape, but we had to tell him, that there is no escape. We had told him about the city sinking under the waters. He was upset. He had told us about the dungeons, how he found them, and how the city was destroyed. He told us that he had lost his family in the destruction. He had a wife, a son, and two daughters. His family perished due to the attack on the city during its destruction. It was a very sad story.

I had told him about our colony, and that he is welcome to join it and live with it. He accepted the offer, but he was still uncertain about our people’s history. He also told us that there are dungeons that go deep, close to the center of the world that he once knew.

We shared our experiences, our stories as well. Then he also mentioned strange beasts, and leaders of the dungeons. He told us that the leaders are demons that lurk in these dungeons and watches us from the shadows.

We had finished our task and began to journey back to the colony. Our task was remembered for a great discovery. The blacksmith seemed very strange, he was unsure about our fate, our destiny, and our history. I now hope that he finds our colony peaceful and welcoming.

For our fate could be short, we stand to help anyone of good will.

21-May-2013 20:06:48 - Last edited on 21-May-2013 21:39:37 by SwindlerOSRS

SwindlerOSRS

SwindlerOSRS

Narrating “The Blacksmith’s Journal” ;

I had been native to the city that was once known as “Derwall” but that name is now ancient. Since Derwall was destroyed, the enemies that destroyed my beloved home had named it after themselves. Their new name for the city was “Daemonheim”. Soon after the city was destroyed, I had made my way down into the ancient dungeon to seek a place to hide, and settle with.

Our city was destroyed in a matter of minutes. Our city’s destiny had come. What could I have done? I was just a poor blacksmith that was fighting for his life.
After I had settled in the dungeons, hundreds of demonic colonies rushed in to find shelter, and somewhere to rest. It hadn’t been long until I was found. Luckily, I had my finest sword by my side, and ready to spill a pint of blood.

When I was found, I had swung a fatal blow, slashing the chest of an archer. His armour had been broken, and I had almost the perfect chance to kill him. I tried to stab him as hard as I can, but a bold swordsman had blocked my sword with his own, and then kicked and broke my legs. I couldn’t walk, and soon I had passed out.

When I woke up, I had found myself in a strange room with a gigantic beast in the corner of it. The beast was chewing on a dead corpse of an animal that I had never seen before. My sight faded away as I dreamed of a woman, a wizard that used an odd spell that healed my legs! I was screaming in terror, and the pain was just too much.

21-May-2013 20:06:54 - Last edited on 10-Jun-2013 14:18:20 by SwindlerOSRS

SwindlerOSRS

SwindlerOSRS

When I woke up, I had found myself in a strange room with a gigantic beast in the corner of it. The beast was chewing on a dead corpse of an animal that I had never seen before. My sight faded away as I dreamed of a woman, a wizard that used an odd spell that healed my legs! I was screaming in terror, and the pain was just too much.

My sight had faded again and then I found myself fighting the beast. A one on one battle, it was. If I hadn't dreamed of my legs being healed, I would already be dead!
I struck the beast’s eye, and it seemed as if it a strong hit. The beast screamed with a loud and terrorizing roar! It walked towards me with powerful strength, and as I looked back to see what he was walking toward, he launched me out of the way. I saw him chew on the dead animal for about ten seconds.

Then the beast looked back at me, and its eye was healed! I then knew exactly what I had to do! I then slash both of its eyes as hard as I could! He was blind, temporarily.

I then remembered that I had garlic in my pocket! I quickly pulled the garlic out of my pocket, cut it into two pieces! I quickly, as it was blind, shoved one piece of garlic in one nostril and the other piece in the other nostril! Now that it was blind and couldn't smell, I quickly jumped on its back and stabbed it multiple times with great strength.

Blood was spilled. There was no regret. I had to survive. I had to!

I don’t like to kill, but I will do what I need to, to survive.

21-May-2013 20:07:01 - Last edited on 10-Jun-2013 14:19:46 by SwindlerOSRS

SwindlerOSRS

SwindlerOSRS

I had got the idea, that it would be unique for a novel to be just character journals, So I'm thinking about just doing that so people can imagine the history of the characters for themselves. I will possibly make new pages for other character journals but that's just the idea.

10-Jun-2013 14:23:22

Quick find code: 49-50-940-64990461 Back to Top