Forums

Zephyros: The Precursor Legacy

Quick find code: 49-50-881-64647271

Zfire0100

Zfire0100

Posts: 5,837 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you’re looking for a good read, then you’ve come to the right place. Zephyros: the Precursor Legacy is an enthralling fantasy tale of Love, War, and (mis)Adventure. The story revolves around a young, budding adventurer whose never stepped foot outside the comfort of her quiet little village and her journey through the massive world of Gielinor. Along her journey, she meets the fiery knight, Zephyros who spends his days searching for the scattered fragments of his memory, all while bearing the curse of a mysterious power that threatens to claim his life. In a world of monsters, demons, and power-hungry rulers all struggling for control over this young new world, our adventurers meet friends and foes who etch their stories within their souls forever.

17-Mar-2013 15:26:11

Zfire0100

Zfire0100

Updates Section

I'll be using this Block to post updates about the Precursor Legacy, when new chapters are posted and if I make any new changes as well as the chapter summaries if I have enough room.

-----

Chapter 1 (3/17/13): In this chapter, our main Heroine, Ariele, escapes from her village in order to begin her journey, however, she quickly realizes she has none of the supplies needed in order to survive on her own. All Seems hopeless, and, adding injury to insult, she is assaulted by a mysterious object that was flung into the sky by a vicious explosion some miles away.

-----

Chapter 2 (3/18/13): This chapter was cut short and revised so it would not exceed 5 pages. In this chapter, Ariele receives a mysterious item, but instead of exploring the origins of its location, she is distracted by one of nature's most fiendishly beautiful creatures. After loosing track of her mission, she stumbles upon a battle between a swordsman and a goblin knight. After assisting in the battle, she now finds herself unarmed and surrounded by fearsome creatures that want to do nothing more than tear her to shreds.

-----

Chapter 3 (3/21/13) In this Chapter, the young knight, named Zephyros, discovers Ariele has just begun her journey and is still a Newbie. He explains to her that he is searching for a comrade who he was recently separated from and, after some convincing, he has agreed to accept Ariele's aid in his search for his lost partner, and so they've set off to their next destination. Hopefully this time, Ariele will actually stay on course.

17-Mar-2013 15:26:52 - Last edited on 21-Mar-2013 21:22:39 by Zfire0100

Zfire0100

Zfire0100

Table Of Contents

Page 1:
===== Intro
===== Updates
===== You Are Here
===== Character Roles And Application
===== Credits
===== Chapter 1
===== Emergency Reserved

Page 2:
===== Chapter 2
===== Chapter 3

17-Mar-2013 15:27:33 - Last edited on 21-Mar-2013 21:12:47 by Zfire0100

Zfire0100

Zfire0100

Character Roles And Applications

For this story I'll need some help. I've got ideas about a lot of characters, but I'd love to get some input, as well as assistance, from you guys, the readers. If you would like to fill a specific role then feel free to provide me with whatever role you wish to fill along with the information I may request and, after some review, I'll let you know if you're in or not.

I ask that readers do not request more than one role, so that way new readers may also have a chance to be apart of the story as well. Thank you.

Roll Sheet:

Appearance:
Personality:
Other:

If you're interested, please fill out the required areas.

Thanks in advance for the help and support!
-Zeph

17-Mar-2013 15:27:55 - Last edited on 28-Oct-2013 01:57:48 by Zfire0100

Zfire0100

Zfire0100

I like to give credit where credit is due, so I added this section to help me keep track of everyone whose supported me throughout the creation of this story. If you want to see yourself in the credits, just stop in and leave a nice comment or some critique and I'll be happy to add you in!

Credits:
===== Awesome Commenters

===== Roles/Application Contributors

===== Raters/Reviewers

===== Fans/Supporters

===== Bumpers

17-Mar-2013 15:28:36 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2013 18:16:19 by Zfire0100

Zfire0100

Zfire0100

Chapter 1: The Misadventure Begins

Long ago when the world was still young...

The pixie fairies were all massacred in order to have their magical powers harvested to fuel Gielinor, granting its inhabitants with an increased spiritual and magical ability.

This story takes place a good few years after that dark time- when the world finally started coming-of-age.

Today is the day that one young human girl will finally experience these magical lands for herself: a sort of coming-of-age journey that the humans go on. Don’t ask them why; they’ll just give you some whacked out answer. We all know how humans are...

The golden sun shines its unforgiving rays onto the shimmering lands below it. The warm light brightens the day of the quiet townspeople as they make their way around their modest homes and whatnot: doing chores, mutilating chickens for later use; normal human things.

From one of these chicken-mutilating houses emerges our young heroine. With sapphire eyes sparkling with excitement and hair as orange as a wyvern during mating season, this young girl flounces onto lands that may one day grow to respect her. But for now, they’ll just have to settle for setting up a random rock for her to trip over, which she does, every morning...

“Ow...” Was the anguished groan emitted from the fallen young girl before she sits up to rub the dirt from her bottom. “So much for my graceful escape...”

As the girl tries to regain her composure, there is a sudden screech of “ARIELE!” that sends chills up her spine.

17-Mar-2013 15:30:51 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2013 15:31:43 by Zfire0100

Zfire0100

Zfire0100

Looking back she sees an old woman storm out of her house brandishing a broom with a fire in her tired eyes.
“Not good!” The girl shrieks while rising to her feet and sprinting as far as her nineteen-year-old body can take her.

“ARIELE! GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!” The old woman’s screech is enough to strike fear into some of the males of the town, bringing them to a halt in their activities to watch the frantic scene take place.

“Sorry, Grandma, but I can't spend the rest of my life in this town doing nothing!” The sprinting girl yells from the swirling dust cloud being kicked up behind her.

The old woman goes to screech yet again, but just sighs in defeat and drops her head. “I hope you’re truly ready for this, Ariele.”

As the young girl runs from the town’s border with her long orange hair flowing in the wind behind her, she clings to the straps of her pine-colored backpack and gives an excited smile after finally escaping the clutches of her overprotective grandmother.

This young girl’s name is Ariele, and today is her first day out in the big wide world, starting a journey that will forever change her life. Knowing her luck it will be for the worst, but hey, maybe I’m wrong. (Not likely.)

17-Mar-2013 15:34:18

Zfire0100

Zfire0100

Her long sprint begins to slow into a casual walk and her vibrant hair settles down to just over the small of her back. With an extra spring in her step, she walks down the grassy hillside in her favorite blue and white skirt and her newest pair of white sneakers. It’s obvious she’s never been taught what not to wear when going out on a journey. It’s almost sad really...

“Finally I’m out of that damn town!” She shouts with confidence. “No more running around doing chores! I’m finally out in the world now. I can do whatever I want! Whenever I want! However I want! Ahahaha!” And with a proud bang on her chest she continues to march on, only to stop a few moments afterwards with a frozen look on her face.

“So... what now...?” As if waiting for an answer, Ariele stands there absently. A lone gust of wind blows a cloud of dust past her, then disappears, leaving her alone and forgotten in the world.

Suddenly without warning, the lone girl folds to her knees and explodes with the pitiful whine of, “I forgot to buy a map!”

17-Mar-2013 15:36:04 - Last edited on 28-Oct-2013 01:54:04 by Zfire0100

Zfire0100

Zfire0100

A few minutes of sulking later, the orange-haired girl hangs her head in shame while aimlessly walking through the grassy plains with only the sunlight and the cool morning breeze as her company.

“I’m such an airhead...” She moans in distress. “I can’t believe I forgot to buy a map before I left town...” Then she suddenly stops and the lively sparkle returns to her eyes.

“I KNOW! I can just go back and get a map!” So with her new found hope she spins bout-face and attempts to march off, but pauses in mid-step. She hovers there for a long, quiet moment before giving a depressed sigh. “But I don’t have any money...”

Yet again, the distressed young girl folds to her knees and whines loudly. It is obvious she hasn’t clearly thought this through. She sighs and stands back up, then brushes off her white t-shirt before hanging her head and continuing on. “I guess I can’t give up yet... Then what would everyone think?”

She sighs another depressing sigh while her mood takes a deadly nose-dive, but suddenly something breaks her out of her cloudy mood and she blinks her sapphire eyes curiously. A rumble in the earth beneath her shakes the ground subtly, getting another blink to occur, and her girlish eyes well up with an ecstatic joy.

“The world is just so lively!” She squeals in a girlish manner. “I can't sit here and sulk for my whole trip! I have to pep up! I have to be strong! YEAH!” And with an enthusiastic punch to the sky, she continues marching off. “It seems like things are finally starting to look up today!”

The world is a very cruel place...

In the distance, a boom sounds, followed by a fiery ball of orange and red that paints the horizon with crimson streaks. Ariele stares on in pure awe at the sight of the inferno, but something catches her eye.

A golden glimmer shoots out from the cloud of ash miles away and blasts high into the sky. Her eyes follow the golden light as it makes its way higher and higher, then lower and lower until she gasps.

17-Mar-2013 15:37:56 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2013 15:42:30 by Zfire0100

Zfire0100

Zfire0100

That looks like a good ending point, but if I need more room then I'll just edit this post.

For now, you may post. All comments are welcome.

An application section will be added for anyone who'd love to help me out with characters!

I appreciate any and all critiques just as much as support. Thanks you guys and I hope you enjoy!

17-Mar-2013 15:45:48

Quick find code: 49-50-881-64647271 Back to Top