Forums

Ellen's Stories

Quick find code: 49-50-769-64929314

Eln
Mar Member 2016

Eln

Posts: 4,492 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
'Lo, Ellen/Eggy/Eaglegirl here. \o

I occasionally write small things here and there, often related to RuneScape. While I don't have time to post anything long, currently, I figured it'd be worth it to post it here.

Sometimes it'll be related to RP, as I'm pretty active on 42.

Comments, questions, criticisms, etc etc, all appreciated!

Table of Contents

'The Sword in the Ruins'- Page 1, post 2.

23-Apr-2013 17:05:59 - Last edited on 24-Apr-2013 00:29:41 by Eln

Eln
Mar Member 2016

Eln

Posts: 4,492 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Sword In The Ruins

'Behave.'

That was what the Mahjarrat discerned the runes carved into the massive blade embedded on the ground in front of him to say. It had been months before he risked visiting the Sword In The Ruins, because it's presence held some fear to it.

After all, it had somehow banished his God.

It wasn't just any god, though. Zamorak was the one who had banished Zaros, and was banished himself, along with the rest. How mighty could one be, truly, after being removed so suddenly?

It was silent, absolutely silent, save for the humming of the energy radiating from the blade. If the Mahjarrat were to walk in any direction from it, it would remain silent. There was no life left.

In the face of the Gods abandoning Gielinor, he risked considering the futility of it all. He had been fighting for so long, and what was it for?

Nothing, it seemed. The truth of it stood embedded in the ground in front of him.

The scarred land reminded the Mahjarrat of home, of Freneskae, but it didn't bring him the joy it should have. He had contributed to the destruction. He had to. It was his nature. It was what he did to survive. He did what she had to.

Others were already setting themselves on bringing back the gods that had set them on the path that led to this destruction. The Mahjarrat wished he could dedicate himself to a similar cause. He wished that he could do something , but his mind and emotions seemed as scarred as the dead lands he walked upon, leaving the site.

Surprising to him, as he searched for a place to rest and heal mind and body, was the sense of guilt.

He had to do it to survive. He did what he had to. He had not sinned any more than anybody else. He did what he had to. It wasn't his fault.

It wasn't his fault.

... No more than anybody else’s.

23-Apr-2013 17:13:10 - Last edited on 24-Apr-2013 00:29:49 by Eln

Quick find code: 49-50-769-64929314 Back to Top