Forums

Clans: Poem of The Blossoms.

Quick find code: 49-50-678-65580128

Tea Mountain

Tea Mountain

Posts: 390 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The fountain of Varrock Square is gushing forth more than ever as a woman is standing in front of many children. They are all glued to her lips as each word pours from her mouth creating a beautiful symphony of imagery in their mind. She pauses for a moment and looks up at the sunny-blue sky.

"It's warm today..." She says "This reminds me of the perfect story."

The children change position. A small rustling is heard all around as they shift their tiny feet and lean on each other for maximum comfort. The woman also sits and begins to speak:

"This story is long. Many months will pass before we finish, but at the end you should be changed. Take from its beauty, its ugliness, and meaning. Ponder long on its words and morals. Let it flow over you like the epics of old and the thoughts of the wise. Take it as a warning and a guide that you, hopefully, will do and not do everything within this tale."

The woman pulled out a tattered book. The words were almost indecipherable due to the handwriting looking like chicken scratches in the dirt. At that moment she closed her eyes, took in a deep breath, opened her eyes, and began to speak:

"
To future readers: Please do not be hasty with your read. Savour this moment and realize its beauty. Only you control your mind, and see to it that others don't for you. This is the story of me; The story of my life as a protector.
"

She stopped for a moment and a single tear ran down her cheek. She sighs, then turns the page. Closing her eyes again she takes a deep breath, opens her eyes and begins the story:

Part One: The Want

The warm air filled my lungs as I walked through the clan camp outside of Falador. I looked at the smug looks on the clan owners faces as I walked past. All of them the same over-zealous grin of: "Join, or Die!". Nothing I would want to join there. Reading each vexillum was like a peek into the mind of an idiots ego, until-

27-Feb-2015 05:06:57

Tea Mountain

Tea Mountain

I spied across the way a fellow who was wearing a black hood and blue dragonhide armour. I approached the man and took a look at the credentials on the vexillum. Everything seemed to check out to my liking. What caught my eye the most was the quote they used for the overall description to catch the passer-bys eyes.

"
Shadow behind,
Face High.
Protect your soul and mind.
"

It was a poem that I remembered as a young boy that stuck with me, as seeing I was picked on much of the time for what I found enjoyable. I was never one for rough-housing, or chasing girls. I stuck to my books.

The man looked up at me and revealed his hidden face in the hood. He had a strong beard and wild brown eyes. His eyes showed wisdom and business. He would strike fear into you if you had met him at any other occasion. He stood up and said:

"Interested? There is something about you we could use. I'm not sure what, though..."

I chuckled "Are you sure about that, now?"

"Yes, very. I noticed you paying attention to the other clans flags. You are disgusted by their glory."

I knew from that point our minds were on the same page, to an extent, now.

"Well, you are certainly right. I can't stand the pompous, fake schmucks around here. All the same." I said.

He then picked me up by the throat and slammed me to the ground. I was struck with fear. Everything stopped and people looked to listen.

"People call me Fear. Real name is Roltero, though.". He said with a smile.

He stuck out his hand and helped me up. I hesitantly accepted and he gave me a scroll and said:

"If you have the stones for it; Join. If you don't, well, get out of my sight."

I looked down at the scroll and thought for a moment. Thoughts of wanting meaning came to my mind. This could be the rest of my life. I could have finally found my place after years of searching.--

I looked up at him, shook my head, signed my name, and shook his hand handing it to him. We both shot each other a smile and nod.

"Follow me."

27-Feb-2015 05:25:43

Tea Mountain

Tea Mountain

--He said.

We walked on out of the camp. Leaving the vexillum behind, I said:

"Don't you need that?"

He looked back me and said:

"Nah, let them take care of it."

I was puzzled. I felt bad for just leaving it there. It really shouldn't be their duty to clean up after such rude people. "At least he isn't pompous about his clan." I thought to myself.

We took the road a short ways down to Remmington. There on the left as you first enter the small town was an empty home. We walked up the stairs and leaning back in a chair smoking a pipe was a dark man. His skin was a golden brown and his hair was swept to the side. Without even looking back, he said:

"Why'd you bring two?"

Roltero retorted:

"We need more people. We can't exist if we don't have a constant flow."

The man leaned forward, came around sliding in the chair, and stated:

"I know what you want, Fear, but you know what I said. I said no recruiting up there. It's too risky.".

I started to point towards the stairs and said:

"I can go if you'd-".

"Shut up," He said quickly "Be silent..."

He ran over to the window and peered down. He looked back and said:

"Fear, and you there, follow."

He went out the window and climbed to the roof. Roltero did just that. I walked over to the window and looked out.

"Nuh-uh..." I thought to myself just as I heard the door being kicked open down stairs. I swallowed my fear and started climbing when a hand came out of what seemed the sky and grabbed me, hoisting me up with them.

"Sh, be very silent, and don't move." The man said.

In the room from the window you could hear a woman speaking:

"I know they are here. I sense their presence."

Roltero and the man looked at each other and nodded. I looked at both of them confused. This is far more action than I have seen in years, or ever for that matter. Goodness, if I wasn't confused and scared that day.

After 15 minutes of gruelling silence, the voices went away. We looked down and saw them stomping off.

27-Feb-2015 05:41:38

Tea Mountain

Tea Mountain

Roltero leaned back on the roof gasping:

"That was close!"

The man looked at me and said:

"The name's Shifty. Nice to meet you."

I looked at him, and shook his hand. I was still a bit scared. I said:

"Between being choke slammed by someone and almost getting my life taken, I'm a bit on the shaken side."

He looked at me and said:

"Get used to it, kid. But for now on you call me master. There is no going back.".

I said:

"Why master?"

He looked at me and looked at Roltero

"Uh, well, we kill bad people for a living.".

I looked up at him confused and said:

"So, you're hitmen?"

His eyes got wide

"Gods, Kid! Do you think we are evil? I said kill bad people. We are assassins.".

I held my tongue in fear of displeasing him. I was beginning to think that I had made a big mistake. Maybe this life isn't best for me. Maybe I could back to the farm with my parents. "Schooling hasn't done much good for me." I thought to myself.

TO BE CONTINUED TOMORROW.

27-Feb-2015 05:51:18

Quick find code: 49-50-678-65580128 Back to Top