Forums

Machinations [Planning Thread]

Quick find code: 49-50-610-65736713

Quick5ilvr

Quick5ilvr

Posts: 1,265 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello everyone!

While I tend not to post much, I linger around and keep an eye on things in this forum. After a while, I think I've finally found inspiration to write my own RP, so let's get into the nuts and bolts of this because as of right now this is simply an idea.

On my college campus, I have an avid community of gamers at my disposal. They enjoy dice-rolling roleplaying games such as Pathfinder, and I have taken it upon myself to GM for a group.

BUT THEN INSPIRATION!!

You see, there are many of these gamers. As a result, I'm going to be dividing them into 2-3 groups of 3-4 players. Their games will exist within the same world and I figured I'd let their actions influence each other.

For Example: One group is defending a town from an attack by demons, another group tracks down the demon worshiping cult that summoned them. By slaying the cult leader, the demonic assault is weakened saving the defenders from their untimely death.

For Example: One group has a witch that has joined a coven to have consistent insight to the workings of arcane and divine forces in the land. Another group finds that the coven has been plaguing a settlement with curses, leading them to slay the hags. Now the witch no longer has access to this resource.

The truly inspired moment was when I realized that I had a whole other group of Roleplayers to aid in telling this story with you guys.

Yes, the world of Pathfinder on the Runescape Forums. Now, the question is:

Are you interested in a RP like this?
How are we going to do this? Will this simply be another RP that exists in the Pathfinder universe? Or are we pulling out some dice and casting Magic Missile?

This thread exists to answer these questions and more, and also a place for me to figure out your role in the world.
Cower, worship, or beg. All are valid choices.

26-Jan-2016 02:54:54

Quick5ilvr

Quick5ilvr

Table of Contents

Page 1
Introduction
Table of Contents
Rules for this Thread
Current Questions I need answered
Answered Questions
Answered Questions [cont.]
RES
RES
RES
RES

Page 2
The World of Pathfinder
The Setting
The Setting [cont.]
Your Particular Slice of Heaven
Your Particular Slice of Heaven [cont.]
The Other Guys
The Full Character Roster
The Full Character Roster [cont.]
RES
RES

Page 3
This may or may not be needed...

26-Jan-2016 02:54:59 - Last edited on 26-Jan-2016 13:01:56 by Quick5ilvr

Quick5ilvr

Quick5ilvr

Rules for the Thread

1. I do not claim any ownership of Pathfinder, its rules, and its system. The world, however, is of my own original design and intended to be used in tandem with the Pathfinder RPG.

2. The usual Runescape Forum rules will apply, as usual.

3. If we end up making character sheets, please do not fudge your rolls. We're working on an honor system here. It doesn't make any sense for you to cheat the game for the sake of having a stronger character. Weak characters are perfectly capable of having a compelling story.

4. Although I am encouraging interaction between players of different groups, PvP will be kept to a minimum to avoid conflict on either end of this. On that note, it should be stated that I do not plan for you to be working with the other groups. You will be working towards the same end, but have different means.

5. I will try to avoid "GM Smiting" as much as I can. But some people are annoying.

6. Ultimately this thread is for discussion of how to approach this RP idea. I brought it up on the General Thread and was met with positive feedback. I want to bring this thing to life, but want to make sure I do it right. As such, please keep all comments constructive and ultimately productive for the sake of the project.

7. Understand that I am a Chemical Engineering student, minoring in Business, who works for the University as a Resident Assistant and is also a member of 2 other campus organizations. I want to make this project a reality, but any number of reasons may cause me to abandon this project. If this happens, I will let you all know in a timely manner.

26-Jan-2016 02:55:04 - Last edited on 26-Jan-2016 13:12:23 by Quick5ilvr

Quick5ilvr

Quick5ilvr

Current Questions

Will we be using Pathfinder for its Dice Rolling system as well as its world elements?
> This includes use of Character Sheets [I would probably have Page 3 become a template and have you all make a 10 post RES]
> This includes dice rolls for EVERY action
> Includes an honor system for dice rolling*
***; Also makes the assumption that you do not look up relevant Beastiary entries as the encounter happens

The Alternative is that we have a regular RP, but within this world I have created. As such, races and abilities will be based upon the Pathfinder world such that your character could be converted into a Table Top RPG character, but as far as we're concerned here, they would be like any other character on any other thread*
***; Requires some knowledge about Pathfinder system to make an appropriate character
> Characters will generally perform the same, regardless of supposed skill as no skill system will actually differentiate between them
> Also incredibly familiar for the group and probably the easiest option to execute.

26-Jan-2016 02:55:07 - Last edited on 26-Jan-2016 13:19:56 by Quick5ilvr

Quick find code: 49-50-610-65736713 Back to Top