Forums

The Crater's On Fire! Thread is locked

Quick find code: 49-50-589-65848197

Azi Demonica

Azi Demonica

Posts: 5,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, as usual, you always post enjoyable little works. I will admit I don't know what this is about, tho, it may be about something in-game, though RuneScape is something I've drifted away from quite a bit. Or, maybe its about how people light lots of fires in the god wars battle crater, or whatever? Well, that's all I have to say this time.

Though, speaking of vials of chemicals to breathe out fire, wouldn't it be cool if you could light fires by breathing fire on them? ha!

28-Jul-2017 21:08:43

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Azi Demonica said :
Well, as usual, you always post enjoyable little works. I will admit I don't know what this is about, tho, it may be about something in-game, though RuneScape is something I've drifted away from quite a bit. Or, maybe its about how people light lots of fires in the god wars battle crater, or whatever? Well, that's all I have to say this time.

Though, speaking of vials of chemicals to breathe out fire, wouldn't it be cool if you could light fires by breathing fire on them? ha!

Back in Oct(?) 2016, they released one of the first mini-MTX events where you had multiple ways of progressing thru to get rewards.
In this case, players could either:
- straight up buy fire things using runecoins (MTX)
- gradually grinding their way thru skilling and combat every 3 minutes. skills such as firemaking and cooking (in this event) would award 20% more bits over other skilling methods.

This particular event was one of the first canonical introductions of a divine/god character named The Queen of Ashes (she was first mentioned by V in Hero's Welcome).
An NPC acting as a sort of Herald/Emissary who crossed over to Runescape for a bit and gave some tidbits on The Queen of Ashes (or at least his POV).

For the last few years, they've used the Lumbridge Crater (located right next to Lumbridge Castle) as a host site for a lot of seasonal or MTX events. It's close to a lodestone/tele spot, it's in the noob area, and they often have lots of other in game ways to teleport to the site when the events are on.
(Lumbridge Crater was a giant open dead spot, so it was easy to just recolor it with something seasonal like Snow/Ice or a beach, and since it wasn't really used for much, they could do whatever they wanted with the real estate)

29-Jul-2017 17:32:56 - Last edited on 29-Jul-2017 17:36:59 by Deltaslug

Quick find code: 49-50-589-65848197 Back to Top