Forums

Aiding Lord Amlodd Task

Quick find code: 48-49-459-65566169

PrimalAndy

PrimalAndy

Posts: 121 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've been having some trouble with this task for the comp cape req, i've cleansed more than 15 of each shadow core and then spoken to Lord Amlodd but i didn't complete the task or get the exp lamp. I've even tried to use the light cores that i got from cleansing the shadow cores on lord amlodd himself, also been through every option with him and still no lamp/task complete.

Maybe you need to cleanse them so that you get 15 light cores(summoning ingredient's) of each type instead of shadow cores? I've lost count of how many i have cleansed and now i feel like giving up, i would appreciate it if someone could comfirm this. :)

If so it should explain that in more detail, it should also tell/let you know how many you have done/got left to do, thanks.. :)

04-Feb-2015 21:38:54 - Last edited on 04-Feb-2015 21:39:42 by PrimalAndy

ProulxS
Feb Member 2010

ProulxS

Posts: 130 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've done tons of cores before actually trying to go for comp, never got the lamps.

Now that I'm actively going for comp I tried gathering 15 of each before converting them to make sure I reach 15...

Still nothing. This task has been in the comp since what mid november? How comes there are still almost no info about how to get over this bug in any forum thread, reddit post or on the wiki page?? It's not even clear if cores from maw, hefin or pickpocketing count or not. If cores that get converted to light core count or not. If you need to have all the 45 at same time before converting...

12-Apr-2015 14:40:24

ProulxS
Feb Member 2010

ProulxS

I'm starting to wonder; Are you guys using a legendary to pick up the cores like I do?

Mod Harrison confirmed me that the Agility cores don't count but now refuse to answer me about my stream showing me killing and gathering the cores... but could the legendary picking them for me might break the cores making them seen as not from a drop??

17-Apr-2015 22:13:13

ProulxS
Feb Member 2010

ProulxS

It work!
Without legendary pet to grab the core I got the task finally done!
Please if you have the same problem without the pet leave a message so we know it's not the only thing that was blocking us.
Likewise if it was that and now it's fixed; let jagex know how their legendary are breaking our *****

19-Apr-2015 16:51:23

Instant Buy

Instant Buy

Posts: 1,807 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I believe you have to actually get all the cores as a drop? I got many of mine from the maw and task is still not complete. I did not get any cores from a light creature so my guess is that they must gathered and converted from the actual shadows.
~ Bank standing at the Grand Exchange since 2007.

21-Apr-2015 17:51:18

Lord Sibley
Dec Member 2004

Lord Sibley

Posts: 807 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi
I have just collected 15 of each shadow core by only killing them and getting cores as drops.
To make sure I had 15 of each I banked them all until I had 15 of each.
No pets were out at any time I was killing these creatures.
I then took the cores to the rift and converted them all!

Then went back to Lord Amlodd, went through all chat options and still no xp lamp and nothing new about the comp requirement being completed.

Don't know what else I can do to get this completed now! :(

05-Aug-2015 10:13:14

Ice III
Mar Member 2005

Ice III

Posts: 357 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I had a problem with this too

I actually got the xp lamp and rubbed it.

(carefully counting the 15 cores from each of the 3 light creatures ie 45 and cleansing them as I got them)

still no title

I looked on the tab for competionist cape and it said some thing like 'speak with lord Amlodd while under a light creature's enlightenment effect'

made a light creature familiar, activated a scroll, then spoke to Lord A

finally! got title.

I think guides must be outdated

hope this helps

22-Sep-2015 20:37:28

Lxd

Lxd

Posts: 28 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ICE III
Doing the 45 cores gives u the lamp which means you did the task . To get the title "of the amlodd" you have to speak to lord amlodd while under "enlightenment" from a light creature (88 summoning needed)
Hi

30-Sep-2015 14:17:57

Quick find code: 48-49-459-65566169 Back to Top