Forums

Quest without outside help

Quick find code: 48-49-325-66017434

Billiebear

Billiebear

Posts: 383 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can't remember the last time I've completed a quest without help from RuneHQ (back in the old days) or the wiki (nowadays). Approaching "River of Blood", I knew I absolutely loved the Myreque Quest series and had to give "no help" a go.

The one thing I had to look up was that I had to imbue the sivithril ore on the nature altar. I got so close! I went to the Ectopool instead hahahaha.

One issue I've had with old quests is that the cryptics are in my view flawed, or certainly much more cryptic. Even after hearing the reasoning, it doesn't seem like, well...reasonable. However, the new quests are of much better overall quality IMO, and this includes insinuating next steps. I got SO CLOSE this time. Just needed one hint.

So as more grandmaster quests are released, I hope to be able to complete one totally on my own. Perhaps even one day without even the in-game quest guide at all!!

05-Jun-2018 03:33:39

Gin Kitsune
May Member 2022

Gin Kitsune

Posts: 43 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Theres plenty of quests that you can complete without a guide, hell, practically any of the quests in the last 4 years thats been released ive done without a guide. Maybe you just have to admit that you just arent one to solve riddles, or figure out clues, because they truly havent been hard to figure out.

05-Jun-2018 15:06:58

Billiebear

Billiebear

Posts: 383 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jeez, I thought this was supposed to be a place to voice support, not criticism. I could use some optimism here.

And I would likely agree with what you've said, it's just that the majority of quests I have been doing lately are legacy RS2 quests that I never got around to doing.

Also, you're title's ironic considering my starting words of the thread haha. Good on you for showing off your Vampyrium!

05-Jun-2018 21:11:54

Quick find code: 48-49-325-66017434 Back to Top