Forums

Ports

Quick find code: 450-451-6-66127332

Snuggie
Jun Member 2023

Snuggie

Posts: 61 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In the update there was the nice mention about getting a notification on when ports voyages were done if doing them on mobile. A huge reason for me to download it. However, I just went to send my first missions and you can't see the details of your crew when sending missions? Was I just not seeing something when I was clicking around or are they not viewable?

29-Oct-2019 15:35:16

Steel Legacy

Steel Legacy

Posts: 429 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I did not see their stats either, so sent ships anyway. Would be nice to see or if they let us save ship setups, like a combat only or morale and seafaring, etc.

Edit: but overall I like mobile so far, thanks for the update Jagex.

31-Oct-2019 13:45:27 - Last edited on 31-Oct-2019 13:47:51 by Steel Legacy

Mother4Rune
Dec Member 2017

Mother4Rune

Posts: 14 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*with regards to ports-

Cons
-Cant see the crews stats
-in Voyage (content box) ((side select options, add effect/edit ship/edit crew)) the edit crew is Actually "edit roster" and does not send one to 'edit crew' content area, but to the edit roster content

Pros
- easy getting into port area through portal,
- smooth transition between and doing the mini-port games
- loads fast
- nice addition in getting cell notice/popup when ships have returned

*im enjoying, ty for allowing ppl to try it out for feedback

03-Nov-2019 00:14:10

CountPetofi
Mar Member 2009

CountPetofi

Posts: 5,623 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have an ongoing issue with POP and Random Events or 'mi**games,' i.*., the Black Marketeer's "A Simple Favour," Surula's "Last Orders," and Seasinger Umi's "Helping Hand."

Even when playing on a PC or Laptop, we ran the risk of being disconnected and forfeiting our prizes from either of the three Random Events. However, having actually lost several rewards from mobile hiccups, I cannot stress enough that the risk of losing rewards have greatly increased if playing them in mobile and the Events should be rescheduled if not completed. It's only fair. There are ways to intentionally leave any of the Events, so
why not accept that accidents happen, on either side of the internet, and allow us to restart or reenter a Random Event minigame if it's interrupted?

It's only fair.

Thank you.
Please Don't Feed the Forum
Trolls
even if they quote you ;)
You'll
see them eat themselves up
in anger and frustration— instead of you :D

11-Nov-2019 01:50:38 - Last edited on 11-Nov-2019 03:23:58 by CountPetofi

Pedros Hunt
Dec Member 2013

Pedros Hunt

Posts: 74 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The main reason I downloaded RS Mobile was for Ports. It would be super convenient to be able to quickly log in during a break at work and send the boats out, but not being able to see crew stats or even their names on mobile makes it an incredibly tedious exercise in trying to send out boats, which really spoils it.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying the mobile experience and I've hardly had any other issues. Really handy for those quick, daily exercises. If Ports gets a fix, then I'll definitely be using it very regularly.

12-Nov-2019 11:25:34

Quick find code: 450-451-6-66127332 Back to Top