Forums

Early Access Review

Quick find code: 450-451-10-66127347

Social Work

Social Work

Posts: 614 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This came at the perfect time during my work day when I had a lull and needed something to do. To start, the game runs pretty seamlessly on my Galaxy S9, I expected it to be a little wonky to start, but everything loaded fast and without hiccups. Upon entering the game, the first thing I noticed was the difference in layout from the traditional screen on PC. It took me a few minutes to really figure out what buttons did and where to now find menues.

I like that everything runs efficiently, and that I can keep playing with pc players instead of a mobile server that I had initially expected. I also liked how responsive navigation felt in the world itself.
The things I wasn't fond of was the color of the buttons on screen. The gold shaped tend to blend into the background and dissapear almost. I think they need a little more solid black outline to add some dimension to them visually. I also didn't expect the chat bar to be on top, and a separate menu to get to customizations. While I eventually figured out the chat box, it still felt a little out of place. Another critique was the difficulty in using hold to "right click" on items. Icons themselves felt small, as was the text, but trying to hold to right click items seemed to have mixed results. Sometimes it would equip the item sometimes it opened the menues to choose item options. The only thing I really didn't like was that the treasure trails key menue close button is frustratingly close to the buy key button, and while this might serve as an unintended marketing ploy, it is annoying gameplay wise.

In all, runescape mobile is on the right track to opening itself up to a much larger audience, and this might get me back into playing more often since it is always available now when my console games are not. I have to say I was pleasantly impressed with the experience. I feel like Jagex is on track to make a solid mobile game.
~Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope
~Dr-Seuss

29-Oct-2019 17:08:53 - Last edited on 29-Oct-2019 17:09:32 by Social Work

Quick find code: 450-451-10-66127347 Back to Top