Forums

Authenticator not working

Quick find code: 429-430-868-66182202

Ancienter

Ancienter

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have updated the OSRS mobile app before and the authenticator would always work right after. After the previous update the authenticator stopped working. I always have to put in a new code and even after checking the "Approve this device for 30 days" the next time I log in it will still ask for the authenticator again.

This is only happening on mobile and it was beginning to annoy me so decided to bring it up here.

29-Sep-2020 00:55:12

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Ancienter

If you have Auth set for 30 days yet it keeps asking for a code it means you are using a different internet network each time.
Either you are using a VPN or keep switching wi-fi or between wi-fi and phone data.
Auth is not just about the device you use, it's actually the device/network.
Keep the device/network unchanged and it won't keep asking for a new code.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

29-Sep-2020 23:53:18

Phthartic63
Feb Member 2020

Phthartic63

Posts: 22 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
18 days since the last post and I still have this problem. I’d really hate to lose the bank slots or w/e I got for using the authenticator, but I can** keep doing this. You need to fix this very basic problem that YOU CAUSED with one of your recent updates. It worked fine remembering my device so that I only had to do the stupid code occasionally. But JAGEX screwed something up and now JAGEX needs to devote a little manpower to fixing their mistake, not coming up with more bizarre variations on the existing game.

28-Oct-2020 17:42:12

AmericanFrog
Jun Member 2018

AmericanFrog

Posts: 13 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am now having the exact same problem after the last update. This is ridiculous. Again, using same everything and device not data enabled. Nothing changed on my end other than the latest oars update. Using an iPad with latest software updates installed for device and for apps.

29-Nov-2020 15:53:29

Quick find code: 429-430-868-66182202 Back to Top