Forums

Can you get banned for this?

Quick find code: 429-430-833-66174447

Monster 69

Monster 69

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It wouldnt let me fit the whole title but can you get banned for creating scripts on the iphone?

Just some information on how they work:

- You can set your iphone into a setting where anywhere you tap on the screen, it will actually only tap a certain area of the actual screen. So for example I tap anywhere on my phone, and in RuneScape, it will tap a certain spot constantly. If I stop tapping though, then it stops continuing. You can do this for simple tasks such as high alching and thieving (methods where you tap one or two spots, I dont think it gets more advanced than that to my knowledge), but I stopped immediately after I started it for thieving because I don't want to wake up in a week ready to grind out some OSRS and find out my account got banned for something I had no idea I could get banned for.

I have seen people do stuff on the PC where if they click anywhere, it will click certain spots on OSRS, or this guy who actually had his drum set connected to his computer somehow (technology!) and each time he did anything on his drum set, it would click in OSRS. I see these as similar features and people claimed these weren't bannable, so are the iphone scripts where you can tap anywhere, and it will tap certain locations in OSRS not bannable as well?

10-Aug-2020 04:40:55

Conformed

Conformed

Posts: 2,905 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
From the Rules of RuneScape :

"Software that can be used to gain an unfair advantage in our games may not be used. This includes automation tools, macros, bots, auto-typers, and tools that circumvent any of our mechanisms designed to automatically log out inactive users.

Any game-specific, third-party software that encourages contradiction of the previous statement, bypasses the normal navigation of our website, automatically requests pages from our website or which endangers user accounts are also regarded as detrimental to RuneScape and should not be used."

That's a brief summary that one of the Forum Mods posted not too long ago. I quoted it since I believe it applies here.

No I wouldn't use this technology, and yes it will put your account(s) at risk.

Thanks
-- Con
for
med --

11-Aug-2020 00:11:11 - Last edited on 11-Aug-2020 00:12:40 by Conformed

Deitord

Deitord

Posts: 14 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is 1 click, 1 action, so would makes no sense if Jagex ban you.. the only problem here is that the touch coordinate will always be the same, which is humanly impossible on mobile, so the anti bot system could detect it and automatically ban you.

24-May-2021 02:36:45 - Last edited on 24-May-2021 02:38:01 by Deitord

Vrax Regent

Vrax Regent

Posts: 1,222 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would say that it's not against the rules technically. It's one click for one action. Also, people on PC set it up all the time so say the "0" on numpad clicks the mouse, and they line their inc up for alching, just tapping "0" without even having to look at the screen.

Where it gets kinda sketchy is the automatic bot detection. It may set off an alarm since you will be tapping on the EXACT same coordinate Everytime, while that's impossible with something the size of a finger. Now, it MAY not because the timing in between clicks won't be consistent. No matter how hard you try, there will be a difference in between clicks, even if it's only 1-3 ms. Nobody is EXACTLY sure how the bot detection works, and even with slight differences in increments of time, it may set off bot detection, as some bots may be programmed to have a slight bit of "randomness" in order to fool this system.

With that said, I've seen OBVIOUS bots that remain in the game for quite a long time, and just saw a 124 with over 1500 total level botting yesterday at rune dragons. They seemed like a bot, and the bot detector plugin for RuneLite also gave a hit for detecting a bot.

So, basically what in saying is that while it seems like it would technically be allowed, I have no clue how the system would interpret it. There's been false bans for real people, and bots that have stayed around for a long time.

26-May-2021 18:57:37

Quick find code: 429-430-833-66174447 Back to Top