Forums

can't log in, membership issue

Quick find code: 429-430-737-66185207

Blueaquafire
Oct Member 2019

Blueaquafire

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When logging on to mobile app, it was telling me I was standing in a member's only world. I am a current member and don't have any trouble logging into pc. I have tried re-installing ap, changing worlds, manually entering password. Now it says "You need a members account to login to this world. Please subscribe or change worlds." I am a member. Please help. Blueaquafire

21-Oct-2020 04:24:26

Daylight

Daylight

Posts: 932 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Blueaquafire,

The messages mentioned in your post are for two different things:

1) You're trying to login to a Free to Play world while your character is standing in a Members Only Area. In which case, you will have to login on a members world, move your character to a free to play area of Runescape, then login again on the Free to Play world. (Even though an account may have membership, it's not allowed to access members only areas on a Free to Play world, as the world itself is Free to Play content only)

2) Your membership has in fact run out and you're trying to login to a members world. In which case, you will need to re-subscribe to access the world.

Check to see if you're logging into a world with a silver or gold star next to the world number.

Let me know how you make out,
Daylight
Good vibes and high tides.

21-Oct-2020 04:54:22 - Last edited on 21-Oct-2020 04:58:33 by Daylight

Daylight

Daylight

Posts: 932 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blueaquafire,

The only other thing I can think of is that the app is storing login information for another account (an account that doesn't have membership). Do you have another account?

If you have/had another account, are you sure you're logging in with the correct email address/username for the account that currently has membership on it?
Good vibes and high tides.

21-Oct-2020 05:29:44

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This: Original message details are unavailable.
Blueaquafire,

The only other thing I can think of is that the app is storing login information for another account
Choose a F2p world while on your mobile and login to F2p. I think you will find yourself in a new account.
If you are indeed on a new account (on Tutorial Island) set a display name and head into account settings to set a login email and password for the account.
Instructions: Add a login email to Game Center accounts
Then fully log out.
This should sort the issue out and you should now be able to login to the account you want through your mobile app.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

21-Oct-2020 14:18:49

Blueaquafire
Oct Member 2019

Blueaquafire

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Giant pain in the rear. Took me awhile. When it took me to tutorial Island I had to create and set up a new character. Then had to link it to a new email, which I had to create because I didn't have any others, then link it to the game center and also create a password for it. So now I have another Runescape account but it appears to have solved the problem. Now when I open the app it gives me a choice of which account I want to open. Thank you very much for your assistance. Blueaquafire

21-Oct-2020 20:57:49

BearJew18247
Dec Member 2023

BearJew18247

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I’m having the same issue but have logged into my normal account on a F2P world. Lost my progress in the fight caves and it’s still saying I need to be a member to login to a members world despite both Jagex and Apple saying I have an active subscription. Can anyone give me a hand please? Bearjew

05-Dec-2023 00:28:51

Quick find code: 429-430-737-66185207 Back to Top