Forums

Main account was banned

Quick find code: 429-430-672-66139831

Killadoom

Killadoom

Posts: 23 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm reaching out to see what happen I got a 2 day ban on my account for micro why is the evidence I checked it out and says I was using micro or something like that at that time of the inquiry I was using my mobile device does using the phone get you banned I'm curious please reply osrs fattyko

21-Jan-2020 19:48:26

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Killadoom

We are all players in here so we cannot see into your account.
Jagex also never reveal exactly what they saw that triggered the offence detection.

As it is only a temporary ban, it is more of a warning from Jagex.
They can see that you have something installed that is able to affect your game and give you an advantage and they want you to identify it and uninstall it.

Are you using the official client supplied by the website here or are you using an unofficial client?
If you have been using an unofficial client, go to this information thread: Unofficial Clients [Info]
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

21-Jan-2020 21:30:53

Begonia1960
Apr Member 2012

Begonia1960

Posts: 14 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I also want to know about banning. I was using a mobile device on another account and it was ban. I am thinking the account was hijack. When you appeal you can't send a email. Jagex assumes you are wrong. I was using a mobile device recently purchased. Any help appreciated. Trouble playing runescape on cellphone. Able to play on 12/8/23. But 12/9/23 login into game but could not move character. Was trying to mine nothing happen. Also on Chrome could not load runescape home page. Using wifi. Left the house able to play on cellular data. Like to play wifi

19-Feb-2021 00:24:38

gymrabbit
Oct Member 2020

gymrabbit

Posts: 585 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Begonia1960.

Edited out inaccurate info.
Begonia, you mentioned that you think your account got hijacked. If that's the case I advise you to appeal the ban via the link provided below so the JMod can take a deeper look into the account.

With that said, during the ban review appeal, the JMod will look for any traces of hijacker activity. If the Jmod finds conclusive evidence that indicates that the account creator was not in control of the account at the time of the offence, then the account may be unbanned. However, if the ban remains then i'm afraid that the ban has been deemed correctly placed and will therefore not be lifted.

It is therefore imperative that you take the necessary security measures so you can prevent your account getting breached.
Please use the advice listed in these support articles below to strengthen your overall security:
Securing your device
Keeping your email secure
Securing your account

With regards to your concern about not being able to send an email. You do have the opportunity to appeal certain bans via this page - Account bans
In the appeal webform, supply an email that you have access to, you'll receive the outcome of the appeal to this email as well as the affected account's message inbox in the ''Account settings'' page.

Note: this is a last chance appeal and, as such if you've utilized this chance then it's futile to send any additional appeals as Jagex will not look at any more beyond the first appeal.

For more info about bans, please read this thread written by an official Community Helper
(Malua)

QFC: 408-409-479-66034999
All the best!

19-Feb-2021 10:08:09 - Last edited on 20-Feb-2021 18:39:51 by gymrabbit

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
gymrabbit said :
Account hijacks are one of the most common ways for an account to get banned.
Not true, sorry.
Less than 1% of bans are caused by account hijacking and rule breaking.

The figure quoted at the time the new Appeal System was being researched and set up was 0.027% of bans were being caused by hijackers.
This was just from the sample set of accounts that were put forward for an examination of whether they were hijacked or not.

For example the 29th April - 5th May Player Support Stats page states that 182,076 accounts were banned that week.
Only 82 appeals were lodged and, of that 82, only 33 appeals were successful.
So, that week, only 0.018% of bans were decided to be caused by hijackers.
Note: that player support stats page is from 2019.
To be rigidly fair with the figures, not all appeals lodged that week would have been on bans placed that week and some bans placed that week would have been appealed in following weeks. But the figures give an indication of the state of play in the Appeal System.

Most account holders don't bother with the appeal system as they already acknowledge the account ban is justified.

Apologies for this post but that was a very broad statement you made.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

20-Feb-2021 00:36:26

gymrabbit
Oct Member 2020

gymrabbit

Posts: 585 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Malua said :
gymrabbit said :
Account hijacks are one of the most common ways for an account to get banned.
Not true, sorry.
Less than 1% of bans are caused by account hijacking and rule breaking.

The figure quoted at the time the new Appeal System was being researched and set up was 0.027% of bans were being caused by hijackers.
This was just from the sample set of accounts that were put forward for an examination of whether they were hijacked or not.

For example the 29th April - 5th May Player Support Stats page states that 182,076 accounts were banned that week.
Only 82 appeals were lodged and, of that 82, only 33 appeals were successful.
So, that week, only 0.018% of bans were decided to be caused by hijackers.
Note: that player support stats page is from 2019.
To be rigidly fair with the figures, not all appeals lodged that week would have been on bans placed that week and some bans placed that week would have been appealed in following weeks. But the figures give an indication of the state of play in the Appeal System.

Most account holders don't bother with the appeal system as they already acknowledge the account ban is justified.

Apologies for this post but that was a very broad statement you made.

There's no need to apologise!
In fact, i should be the one to apologise, given that i didn't research adequately :(

Not to mention, it would be detrimental to the player asking for advice, if i were to spread false information.

With that said, i've noted down this error on my part, and i will make sure it won't happen again.(hopefully)

Appreciate the data regarding the bans though!

Thank you once again for the correction! :)

20-Feb-2021 06:28:13 - Last edited on 20-Feb-2021 07:01:35 by gymrabbit

Quick find code: 429-430-672-66139831 Back to Top