Why isn't pinch-to-zoom saved?

Quick find code: 429-430-417-66283409

Espionage724
Dec Member 2022

Espionage724

Posts: 137 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
https://www.youtube.c#m/watch?v=bIzLYD-g1Hs
(# to o)

This isn't a bug as it happens on Android and iOS, any device, and afaik since mobile launched.

Every time I launch OSRS, I have to go to the wrench, and tap the icon to disable camera zoom. Every. Time. Even if I log out and log back in a second later without closing or even switching the app.

Why? On desktop the scroll wheel for camera setting persists no problem where I'm least-likely to even touch the wheel, but within seconds I'll zoom the camera on mobile unintentionally if I don't disable that setting.

This is my biggest issue with mobile, and seemingly the simplest thing to resolve in some way :p Can that setting please be made persistent, or at the very least add a checkbox in more settings somewhere to allow that setting to be persistent. Heck, flag my account just to keep that setting off if that's possible; I want pinch-to-zoom gone!

I can attest with 100% confidence that there is absolutely zero chance I would ever want to zoom my camera on OSRS mobile, it's an active annoyance when it's enabled, and an inconvenience to have to toggle off each time.

12-Jul-2023 00:00:49 - Last edited on 23-Jul-2023 15:20:06 by Espionage724

Edgerunners

Edgerunners

Posts: 18 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hmm interesting. Not sure why this occurs, but I can try to bring it up to Mod Gecko next time they are online in the OSRS Discord.

It definitely seems like it would be a nice QoL addition for those of us who like to play on mobile.
Edgerunners

the Ironman

12-Jul-2023 00:50:12 - Last edited on 12-Jul-2023 00:50:38 by Edgerunners

Espionage724
Dec Member 2022

Espionage724

215.1 update came with "Bug fixes and improvements" and of course that vague statement doesn't include a fix for pinch-to-zoom being persistent!

$11/month doesn't cover the byte of data needed to persist that setting? Do I need to arrive in-person to HQ claiming some medical condition just to get even a peep of attention at this? I get not wanting to implement basic chat filters for RWT or whatever, but this is an accessibility issue that can be solved probably in 5 minutes even with a mountain of spaghetti.

Lmao the setting doesn't even save with a simple world switch. Ok so here's a clear right-to-the-point video of the exact problem, highlighted multiple times: https://www.youtube.***/watch?v=bIzLYD-g1Hs (first 3 letters of computer are a no-no word in that context :p )

Premier puts me in the long-haul for complaining, but I'll be sure not to let that happen again. In the meantime, fix this, please? Do I have to break the dust off my Twitter X and spam up some mods there too?

19-Jul-2023 16:56:07 - Last edited on 25-Jul-2023 00:35:53 by Espionage724

Espionage724
Dec Member 2022

Espionage724

Still an issue with 215.3.

Would it help if I said I wouldn't dare even consider doing DT2 on mobile until this simple oversight is fixed?

Seriously does everyone working on the mobile client at Jagex and players use low-end single-touch phones? There's no way someone else hasn't unintentionally zoomed the screen because of this setting, although a lack-of complaints from other players has me concerned that people are just dealing with this for some reason.

My request is simple: Make the pinch gesture setting persist through sessions.

Copy and paste whatever you're doing for the desktop mouse wheel equivalent option, because that persists properly. This really can't take more than an hour in an apparent mountain of spaghetti to fix.

On the C++ desktop client you persist the fullscreen option on client restarts, and that's silly considering it doesn't even work right and I have to toggle it for it to fullscreen properly. Someone clearly knows how to persist settings.

This is getting beyond silly incompetence. Don't let me find out how to be even louder about this :p Just fix this!

26-Jul-2023 13:51:10 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2023 14:05:14 by Espionage724

Quick find code: 429-430-417-66283409 Back to Top