Forums

Failed login=full logout BS

Quick find code: 429-430-407-66287341

U R Panned
Oct Member 2022

U R Panned

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why is it that I am not given enough characters to even title the post???

When you try to log in to a world and it fails for whatever reason, be the world full, you are trying to log in to a total lvl world and not high enough total lvl, the game completely logs your account out, meaning you have to redo the tedious process of going through logging the account in, going to your alternate email account on your phone, finding the email, fetching the verification code from there, switching back to client, typing the code in, switching to email to double check, back to client to verify code is correct, logging in, choosing played account, logging in to the world... And god forbid should the login process fail again.

THIS IS THE DUMBEST SYSTEM I HAVE EVER SEEN! BEFORE JAGEX ACCOUNT YOU HAD THE POSSIBILITY FOR THE DEVICE TO BE REMEMBERED FOR 30 DAYS AND YOU DIDNT NEED TO ALWAYS RE ENTER VERIFICATION CODE, NOW THIS BS ALL THE TIME... WHO CREATED THIS?

17-Sep-2023 17:44:03

Espionage724
Dec Member 2022

Espionage724

Posts: 137 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've played mobile since it launched and only just ran into this being a minor annoyance yesterday; I forget what exactly I was doing (it was something out-of-the-ordinary) but I needed to log-in 3 times on mobile.

If you have to re-type log-in details, that's your choice for not using autofill. Even on Android in my particularly secure environment without Google apps, LineageOS, and Firefox (Fennec), my Runescape email/pass autofills from Firefox sync and the only thing I have to manually provide on log-ins is 2FA. Most people use Google or Apple/iCloud sync and have a similar log-in flow to only require manual 2FA entry, and that's assuming they even use 2FA :p

I don't want to see the system changed and security potentially lowered because of an inconvenience that can be worked-around.

22-Sep-2023 14:42:53

Wei Li Hung
Sep Member 2023

Wei Li Hung

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I get this multiple (5x+) times a day when I drop the minor packet on my Wifi connection as I step out side to let the dog out.

Jagex this seems like a common issue as there are multiple open threads in this section. Please do something to fix this annoying bug. I think everyone wants to keep their account save and migrated to Jagex accounts, but I think we would have wanted the old way with Google auth as this current process is extremely tedious.

We had a remember device feature on the previous mfa, please implement something similar with Jagex account email mfa.

24-Sep-2023 00:11:35

Quick find code: 429-430-407-66287341 Back to Top