Forums

Cricket & Mobile Runescape

Quick find code: 429-430-388-66281886

Instazome
Mar Member 2022

Instazome

Posts: 127 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey there,

I know I know, Cricket Wireless--I must be going through rough times lol.

But regardless of the general disdain for Cricket, we Cricket users should still be able to access OSRS on mobile (I see there's a thread for the RS3 mobile client as well).

Originally the mobile client worked with Cricket Wireless (I believe). After last July's quality of life updates, such as agility highlights etc., I cannot use Cricket data to load the login screen. I can use data to play the game easily (so, for example, I can use WiFi to get to the login screen, then switch to data, login, and be fine). But there's some issue with Cricket data and Runescape login screens.

Cricket says it's on Jagex's end. Jagex says it's on Cricket's end. I'd love if this gets resolved, it's been about a year at this point. At this point, Twitter Jagex Support suggested I use a VPN to access the login screen. I am doing that in the meantime, but obviously that is not ideal nor entirely safe (plus, y'all then block the VPN from logging in to my account ha). I'd love if this is looked into or a workaround is found! Changing APN used to work, per Reddit, but that stopped working a while back.

Thanks,
Instazome

14-Jun-2023 20:45:11

Espionage724
Dec Member 2022

Espionage724

Posts: 137 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I believe it's all or at least some AT&T MVNO*. I have TracFone, and I had their BYOD AT&T SIM, and OSRS never worked on data. Works fine with the T-Mobile BYOD SIM though.

I used the 1111 WARP app to workaround that on AT&T. All that I needed to do was turn it on (no sign-up or advanced settings). I believe this is the most ideal workaround since it's free, can improve other apps connectivity/speed (1111 is one of the fastest DNS providers), and improve privacy even all with little effort. You seemingly have to use the WARP app though, or another full VPN provider; just changing the Private DNS on Android and other DNS VPN apps on Android and iOS didn't work for me.

I think one time I also opened OSRS mobile up from wifi, and it continued to work through world switches and log in/outs while on AT&T data as long as I left the app open. I wonder if it's just the initial loading screens doing something that gets blocked?

12-Jul-2023 00:13:18 - Last edited on 12-Jul-2023 00:13:31 by Espionage724

Quick find code: 429-430-388-66281886 Back to Top