Forums

Mobile client not working

Quick find code: 429-430-303-66264182

Local Files
Oct Member 2021

Local Files

Posts: 423 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

One of the Jagex moderators over at the Discord has kept us up-to-date with the black screen bug that people are experiencing. Below their message:

Update for those experiencing the black screen issue at application launch:
We believe that the issue pertains to devices that have Imagination & PowerVR GPU chips built into them as all the devices raised so far have one of those embedded in them. We are working on a client fix for this, and hope to have it ready for the next app release. If anyone else is experiencing the black screen issue, please check your device's GPU and post it along with your model & OS version so we can track it
“.
Ooh, shiny things!

11-Oct-2022 17:00:29 - Last edited on 11-Oct-2022 18:13:59 by Local Files

Local Files
Oct Member 2021

Local Files

Posts: 423 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
iwantblueboi said :
next app update ... when's that next year?
I wish I knew the answer. They are working as fast as they can to fix the issue. One of the developers keeps us up-to-date on their official Discord. I’ll leave their latest update below. Patience is once again key. :)

Hello everyone,
We apologise for the continued disruption whilst we investigate the black screen issue. I can assure you that we have not been ignoring you. We have been busy working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible but during this time have had no further update on our progress to provide to you other than "we're still working on it", which we can appreciate is of no help to any who unfortunately cannot play the game and are eager to return to Geilinor on mobile.

Many of us have been working late into the night to resolve this issue. We are tired, but we have made some progress and think we have found a solution! We are in the process of building a new client to upload to Google Play.
The only caveat to this fix is that Chromebooks might still not render correctly, but we are working on resolving that for the following client update. I appreciate that that might not be ideal for some, but it's a step closer to getting players back online than we are currently.

Google submissions are relatively quick, so we hope to have this ready for distribution to the players by tomorrow.
Please keep an eye out on the Play store for the imminent client update.

Thank you again for your patience, and for your assistance.”
Ooh, shiny things!

12-Oct-2022 21:20:42

Quick find code: 429-430-303-66264182 Back to Top