Forums

no 8th golden phat shard

Quick find code: 42-43-727-66241823

Dreacostar

Dreacostar

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What the absolute ****?! I trained and trained and trained Thieving, Agility, Slayer and Dungeoneering and I got over 500k experience in Thieving alone; that's thirteen levels from 57-70! I have at least 700k experience in total and yet I didn't receive my 8th shard. The event is over now, I feel cheated and wasted all my time trying to get it! Give me my shard Jagex!

04-Jan-2022 00:11:10

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,892 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm very sorry to hear you missed out on the hat.

Going off your post, it sounds like you might have already gotten the shard but stored it in your bank or with the Wise Old Man at Grand Exchange entrance. It could also have been tracked through F5 ( events panel ) if you were in doubt.

This won't help now, but it's very unlikely to have gone dry for more than 6-8 hours without getting a shard due to the bad-luck mitigation in place.

Hope you get yourself a hat one day :)

EDIT: if you haven't claimed Premier Club shard yet, you could buy Premier Club 2022 and get the last shard which is available until January 16.

20 x bonds can be redeemed for Premier Club, or by buying it from Jagex's online store.

Currently, buying bonds for Premier Club is ~ 300M more expensive than buying the hat.
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

04-Jan-2022 00:17:22 - Last edited on 04-Jan-2022 00:25:36 by Corder

Bonemould
Oct Member 2007

Bonemould

Posts: 126 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My daughter and I had the same problem, we each got 7. Can't even buy it from the guy in the GE now. Not a very good setup, it's really annoying to train skills that you are maxed in , and the other skills had low drop rates. Waste of time.

04-Jan-2022 00:57:20

Dreacostar

Dreacostar

Don't try to wiggle your way out of it by saying I didn't check, drop or destroy it. I cannot reclaim anything I haven't earned in the game. And I'm certainly not going to buy premium just for ONE shard. I even wasted the thirty million gold pieces on the guy in the Grand Exchange. I spent at least twenty hours training the support skills and even finished four or five clue scrolls that were medium level and received nothing! GIVE ME MY SHARD THAT I RIGHTFULLY EARNED!

04-Jan-2022 01:06:34

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Dreacostar said :
I spent at least twenty hours training the support skills
What activities were you doing for 20 hours?
Were you in F2P or P2P world?

If you're doing activities that qualify for the shard, you should get it within 2-6 hours.
8 hours and above is incredibly unlikely!
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

04-Jan-2022 01:21:24

Dreacostar

Dreacostar

Corder said :
Dreacostar said :
I spent at least twenty hours training the support skills
What activities were you doing for 20 hours?
Were you in F2P or P2P world?

If you're doing activities that qualify for the shard, you should get it within 2-6 hours.
8 hours and above is incredibly unlikely!

Look here bud. Firstly, getting the shards require membership, so of course it'd be in a P2P world. Secondly, I already said what skills I was training in. And thirdly, despite how hard it is for you to comprehend, I. Did. Not. Receive. A. Shard. From. Doing. So.

04-Jan-2022 01:55:15

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

The reason I'm asking what activities you were doing is, not all activities award shards.
For example silverhawks and training dummies does not award shards.

04-Jan-2022 02:41:05

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

The optimal way of going about the support shard was to do small DG floors, safecracking and agility courses. I'm not sure about Slayer, my guess is the easy quick ones would be best.
Hope this helps explain why you went dry on the shard that long.

04-Jan-2022 03:19:07

Quick find code: 42-43-727-66241823 Back to Top