Forums

5th Annual Christmas Giveaway! Thread is locked

Quick find code: 42-43-452-65707080

Gluepot
Nov Member 2023

Gluepot

Posts: 4,315 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ho Ho Ho!

It's that time of year again! And what better way to spread the festive cheer is to help out new players and give out presents!

This year I have 4 dates set and will give out roughly 20m gp per event.

Due to F2p worlds being fairly quiet this event will take place on World 3 , at the Grand Exchange

* have tried to pick times which will allow all people to attend an event regardless of timezone. All times stated are using the in-game clock

Dates:
Friday 4th December 12pm-1pm [Finished]
Wednesday 9th December 5pm-6pm [Finished]
Saturday 12th December 1am-2am [Finished]
Friday 18th December 9pm-10pm [Finished]

Any donations/elves/Christmas helpers are appreciated. And will be given recognition.

Spread the word and hope as many people as possible attend, I look forward to seeing you there!

Have a
Merry
Runescape
Christmas
Ho Ho Ho!

The Imperial Legion

13-Nov-2015 12:15:55 - Last edited on 21-Dec-2015 15:24:04 by Gluepot

Gluepot
Nov Member 2023

Gluepot

Posts: 4,315 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1st event went ok, was fairly quiet, gave out over 20m gp including a single 5m drop to a lucky person. I didn't notice until the end of the event about the title reset thing so said vyrewatch instead of santa gluepot :( .

2nd event was busy, guessing just a busier time. Burthorpe and Lumbridge were empty. I gave out just over 20m so I need to start making more money or reduce how generous I'm being. I will go for the former option. Had a bunch of staff impersonators and someone try to scam me which was a shame. There was a nice player who picked up 1m and said he didn't need it so dropped it himself.

3rd event was also busy. Had quite a lot of lag, and therefore clicking players names to trade or report scammers was difficult. Quite a few "doublers" and a lot of beggars at this event :( . Many constantly trying to get more :( . Also there was more gold farmer ads :( . Did have several people give little items back like cakes or their inventory. Also had a few people who gave money back after picking it up :) . Again I gave out 20m. So even though right now I only have 17m left, I will make 3m+ for the next event so I can give out at least the same.

4th event went well. I made enough money to give out another 20m+ and by the end of the event I had 7k left. It was reasonably busy and had a couple of names I recognised from previous events so was nice to see with them bringing friends. Lots of friendly chatty people at this event with not too many of the nasty scammers and spammers. :D See you all again next year with whatever money I have then.

Merry Christmas!
Ho Ho Ho!

The Imperial Legion

13-Nov-2015 12:16:20 - Last edited on 21-Dec-2015 15:26:12 by Gluepot

Committed
May Member 2017

Committed

Posts: 432 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Are the times you have set GMT? It would be helpful if you added in the timezone so that no one gets confused!

I will pass the information of this event on to my friends! Good luck!
Narwhals, Narwhals!
Swimming in the ocean!
Making a commotion!
'cause they are so awesome!

13-Nov-2015 16:36:14

The contents of this message have been hidden.

05-Dec-2015 19:31:21

Quick find code: 42-43-452-65707080 Back to Top