Forums

100 day prepaid only giving 56

Quick find code: 410-411-952-66292500

Cefiro
Apr Member 2023

Cefiro

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have brought a 100 day membership gift card which is only allowing me to redeem 56 days?

It states on the back of the card "The card allows you to play the subscription version of runescape for AT LEAST the number of consecutive days shown on the card"

Im confused.

31-Dec-2023 04:10:27

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,049 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Cefiro

It is nearly ten years since a pre-paid gamecard could be redeemed for 100 days membership.

Back in 2014, the time was reduced from 100 days to 90 days.
Some years later it was reduced to 65 days.
Now it is 56 days.

Why?
Because the card price has remained unchanged over the years ( $25) but actual membership prices have risen.
The reduction in time received is just to keep the pre-paid cards in line with current membership prices.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

31-Dec-2023 09:26:37

Cefiro
Apr Member 2023

Cefiro

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi, Malua

Thats understandable but how and why have they not changed the cards themselves in 10 years, at the very least, changed the fine print to accommodate for fluctuations in the conversion. This is a blatant scam? and as stated above, the card states.

"The card allows you to play the subscription version of runescape for AT LEAST the number of consecutive days shown on the card"

In my country false advertisement is extremely illegal!

This needs a resolution. This card was not printed years ago, it is new. Its even the new style. Its extremely frustrating because i got less membership buying this card by 2 weeks! than if i had just gotten membership online which i normally do. I just thought id get a card for convenience after doing christmas shopping and looking at other giftcards for potential presents.

01-Jan-2024 00:44:26

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,049 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cefiro said :
"The card allows you to play the subscription version of runescape for AT LEAST the number of consecutive days shown on the card"
Does the card show a number of days?
I don't believe it states a number of days anymore.

Paying for membership via a RuneScape pre-paid gift card is a very expensive method of getting membership.
If you have the option to buy membership directly (online), you should definitely choose that method as it is cheaper.

The pre-paid gift cards are produced and sold for a particular market - people who don't own a credit card or who cannot access alternative payment methods.
They are a physical card and there are costs involved in manufacturing and distributing them as well as a commission to the reseller.
All other methods of payment don't have those costs.

Why have Jagex not changed the purchase cost of the pre-paid cards?
I don't know.

If you want the cheapest possible method to get membership, use your in-game gp to buy Bonds at the GE and redeem them for membership.
That is equivalent to free membership (or membership through playing the game) instead of using real world money.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

01-Jan-2024 05:47:33

Quick find code: 410-411-952-66292500 Back to Top