Forums

US based location for payments

Quick find code: 410-411-44-66290994

Tar-Minyatur
Jun Member 2019

Tar-Minyatur

Posts: 102 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My bank arbitrarily denies international payments for several years and I've had little success in making that work. Up until recently, I used gift card to purchase Premier membership, but now every gift card (VISA, Mastercard, etc) won't work for international purchases.

So is there any chance/possibility/plan/etc to have a US based location we can direct payments to so we can avoid the international purchase difficulties that I, and likely others, experience?

25-Nov-2023 22:56:36 - Last edited on 25-Nov-2023 23:51:42 by Tar-Minyatur

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,030 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Tar-Minyatur

This particular issue is becoming more common as banks work to address the ever increasing problem of online fraud.

Normally, a phone call to your bank to authorise your international purchase is the way to deal with this.
If your bank absolutely won't allow you to authorise an international purchase, I recommend you consider taking your business to a different bank.

There may be an alternative that works for you if you work through the troubleshooting on the Unsuccessful payment support page.

However, your question is really addressed to Jagex, not to another player. There is a contact point at the bottom of that page you could try. Good luck!
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

26-Nov-2023 06:23:42

Tar-Minyatur
Jun Member 2019

Tar-Minyatur

Posts: 102 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Malua said :
Hi there
Tar-Minyatur

This particular issue is becoming more common as banks work to address the ever increasing problem of online fraud.

Normally, a phone call to your bank to authorise your international purchase is the way to deal with this.
If your bank absolutely won't allow you to authorise an international purchase, I recommend you consider taking your business to a different bank.

There may be an alternative that works for you if you work through the troubleshooting on the Unsuccessful payment support page.

However, your question is really addressed to Jagex, not to another player. There is a contact point at the bottom of that page you could try. Good luck!

Right, I was more indirectly trying to get it to Jagex as opposed to an individual player, on the small hope it might get noticed.

26-Nov-2023 08:37:35

Quick find code: 410-411-44-66290994 Back to Top