Forums

Phished/Fraud....

Quick find code: 410-411-383-66290605

Layziiii

Layziiii

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi, Recently just started playing runescape again and I bought membership and a single bond earlier in the day then later had noticed that someone had bought insane amount of bonds on my Paypal and when I came back and logged in I was at the GE and all my money is gone and bonds traded off? I didn't authorise the transactions with Paypal and this clearly wasn't me, I have noticed that my original purchase was done in NZD which is the currency that i live in whereas there is an access from egypt and the currency to pay for the fraudulent payments of bonds is USD? is there anything i can do to dispute this? cant pay rent that is coming next week what do i do? i cant dispute this with Paypal either due to it being a pending transaction and call center for Paypal isn't open on the weekend or neither is my bank? i have filed a ticket with the support for the fraudulent charge on the support link should I do anything else?

18-Nov-2023 23:13:48

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,030 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Layziiii

If you have returned to the game after a break and the whole time you were on break your account was safe but, since you returned your account was hijacked it means something you have done since you returned has placed your account into the hands of a hijacker.
Think carefully about what you have clicked on.

You need to secure your account urgently as the hijacker WILL return for those Bonds.

Change your password. Upgrade your account to a Jagex Account. Set up Authenticator.
Unlink any linked third party accounts (Google, Apple, Steam, Facebook etc.)
The Jagex Account has a much stronger security protocol than the old RuneScape accounts.

The instructions to review your security are click here.

A pending transaction is good. You have time to contact PayPal tomorrow and cancel it.
Jagex Billing Support doesn't operate on weekends either.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

19-Nov-2023 03:10:27

Quick find code: 410-411-383-66290605 Back to Top