Forums

Incorrect Charge to Account

Quick find code: 410-411-326-66253002

Moomoomeow2

Moomoomeow2

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good afternoon,
I have been playing RuneScape on-and-off with this account for nearly 15 years now.
Today, I attempted to re-download RuneScape, only to discover I have charges made to my account, making it impossible to play.
I did not make those charges. The only purchased I make with my RuneScape account are monthly memberships, which I pay directly from my bank. I checked with my bank and the last purchase I made was in 2020. I think the purchases were made by a hacker, as I did not make them myself.
I tried to contact Jagex support, but I got stuck on their "Making Sure You're a Human" page; it wouldn't stop loading.
Does anyone know how to remove the "purchases" from my account; I only ask so I can play RuneScape again.
Thank you for your help.

12-May-2022 16:19:13

Apazos

Apazos

Posts: 3,054 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Howdy!

It does sound like a hijacker has used your account to make purchases with a stolen card if this is the case. Firstly, I recommend that you run a virus scan on your device, & then secure your registered email by changing your password & setting up 2FA.

After you do that, you can send in a ticket to Jagex from the "contact us" button at the bottom of this support page and let them know what's going on: Settle an Unpaid Balance

If the page doesn't load, try using a different browser, a different connection, or clearing your browser cache :)

Instructions:
How to clear your browser Cache

Also, I recommend following the instructions step-by-step on this thread when you're able to access your account again so that you can be fully protected going forward:
Recovering from Hijack [Info]
~Apa

12-May-2022 23:34:27 - Last edited on 12-May-2022 23:52:03 by Apazos

Moomoomeow2

Moomoomeow2

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Apazos,
Thanks very much for responding. I managed to get the Jagex Support page to work, and one of the Mods very quickly replied and removed the incorrect charges from my account.
Unfortunately, it seems I have been hacked, as I logged in to my account and my UI was changed. Oh, and all my money is gone :(
That being said, thanks for the help!

13-May-2022 14:30:46

Quick find code: 410-411-326-66253002 Back to Top