Forums

can't (un)install RuneScape?

Quick find code: 409-410-993-66284647

Stinksauce

Stinksauce

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi, I recently tried playing RuneScape 3 on the jagex launcher, however when I freshly installed the launcher, it already said "play" I suspect this is from an old install however, I deleted it ages ago. I think there is still some sort of ghost data left though as when I tried hitting play, I got an error saying that it could not launched the game from my C:/program files/jagex/runescape where it used to be installed.

in an attempt to remove it from my computer I cleared the registry entry for the add or remove programs listing (using a guide from Microsoft's official website). this did not work and now the error instead just says "runescape cannot be installed, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game using the button in the jagex launcher" i cannot find any button that says uninstall in the launcher, unfortunately. any help would be appreciated as I cannot play on my pc currently.

Thanks in advance.

03-Aug-2023 17:46:12

Stinksauce

Stinksauce

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi, Thank you for your response. when I go to the directory there is no folder, however I went into the regedit again, and outright deleted the entry for the old runescape installation, which made the jagex launcher prompt me to install instead of play! Thanks again,!

04-Aug-2023 04:43:25

Quick find code: 409-410-993-66284647 Back to Top