Forums

Game looks like epilepsy.

Quick find code: 409-410-988-66290872

Rustbrand
Mar Member 2023

Rustbrand

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello friend,

When I am playing the game it starts to flash repeatedly. The flashes are made out of pixel images from the map. It looks like something that would induce epilepsy the way it flashes perpetually. When I am loading the game, it claims that my graphics driver is 643 days old. I have tried to update it and it never seems to take the updates. The graphics driver claims that it is up to date, but the launcher says otherwise. Is there anything I can try?

- Thanks.

23-Nov-2023 22:46:03 - Last edited on 23-Nov-2023 23:09:29 by Rustbrand

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,030 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Rustbrand

Head into the Lobby, click on the Options tab and click 'Rerun Auto Setup'.
This will fix it for your game session though you may need to keep doing this every day.

Unless you specifically included a graphics card in your computer when you bought it, you might not actually have a separate graphics card. Your computer may just be running the default graphics that came with the system. Which might explain why the error message says the driver is now 643 days since update - because the system manufacturer has stopped supporting the default graphics.

It might be worth ringing the company you bought the computer from, giving them your name/purchase date and ask them to check: 1. if there is a graphics card installed and 2. to recommend a suitable graphics card you can buy that will fit your computer box.

Installing a new graphics card will be a permanent fix rather than the daily 'Rerun auto setup'.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

24-Nov-2023 23:33:30

Quick find code: 409-410-988-66290872 Back to Top