Forums

Cannot Install RunescapeClient

Quick find code: 409-410-951-66272917

FromTexas
Nov Member 2023

FromTexas

Posts: 28 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can't install the Runescape Client from the Jagex Launcher. I am up-to-date Windows 10 with hardware that highly exceeds the recommendations with Java 8 installed with the latest version. The Launcher opens, I click install on the Runescape tab using my account, and the Launcher shows the client install is at 7% when I get the error "ERROR The launcher has experienced an error and needs to close - Process returned unknown error code."

It's really great that we can no longer access the client download by itself while the Launcher is in BETA, because, you know, beta means that everything works so perfectly that you should have no fallback. Any help is appreciated. And to all the IT folks out there, yes I've turned it off and on again as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the Launcher.

EDIT TO ADD: The only option on the error dialog is to EXIT LAUNCHER, which is super useful also.

EDIT TO ADD: Imgur of the client w/ error:

24-Jan-2023 02:50:55 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2023 03:33:19 by FromTexas

Asahel Frost
Dec Member 2007

Asahel Frost

Posts: 16,537 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex are aware of the issue, and are investigating.

In the meantime, you can still download the stand alone client, but the link is a little hard to find. Go to this support page:
Recommended specifications
To download the standalone client, click on the round Runescape symbol in the 'Download' column of the "RuneScape and Old School clients" table.

Jagex will be making this link a little easier to find!
Glad to be of service :) (Powered by GPP™ - Share and Enjoy!)
Official Community Helper
( Info )
Discord: Asahel Frost
FC: SilverScaper

24-Jan-2023 08:44:14

Coljames11
Jan Member 2021

Coljames11

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was having a similar issue but managed to fix it by downloading the Runescape client and then uninstalling it, and then installing it from the Jagex launcher. When downloading the Runescape Client it said I needed to install something to do with Microsoft DirectX or something like that. I also needed to update my graphics driver. Not sure if any of them were the problem, but it now has let me install it from the Jagex launcher.

This is my first time posting anything so i hope it helps.

15-Aug-2023 12:41:33

I Be Noob
Dec Member 2022

I Be Noob

Posts: 13 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I also ran into the same problem when trying to install rs3 client through the jagex launcher. Hopefully it can be corrected within a reasonable timeframe instead of having to backdoor install the programs 10 months later as it is.

23-Oct-2023 12:05:38

Quick find code: 409-410-951-66272917 Back to Top