Forums

massive server lag?

Quick find code: 409-410-92-66276021

Rolllz
Mar Member 2023

Rolllz

Posts: 798 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After logging in, I get intermittent lag every 20-30 seconds. I also get disconnected about once per 2-3 minutes, causing me to have to re-enter password and re-login.
My local connection if running normally, and I am not having lag issues with anything else online from this device.

07-Mar-2023 09:06:58

Muzan-sama
Dec Member 2020

Muzan-sama

Posts: 708 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Rolllz

I would first suggest clearing your cache and ensuring that your graphics drivers are up to date, as this is a very common cause for disconnections. The following links will provide you with information on how to perform these two tasks:
1. Clear cache .
2. Updating graphics drivers

If the issue persists, I would recommend reading through the Common connection solutions Support page which provides a couple of other alternatives, such as resetting your WINSOCK, IPv4 TCP/IP and IPv6 TCP/IP stack, which may help to restore your connection by correcting a corrupted network configuration.

Unfortunately if the issue persists, then your final option would be to click the 'Contact Us' button on the bottom of the Common connection solutions Support page provided above, and contact Jagex directly regarding your issue. You may also need to contact your ISP (internet service provider) to make sure that your connection is not inhibited in any manner.

Hope this is helpful information to you.
| RuneScape Support | Code of Conduct | Account Security |

07-Mar-2023 11:41:27

Muzan-sama
Dec Member 2020

Muzan-sama

Posts: 708 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
4pf 1 gamer

The server issues that you are reading about occurred on the 11th/12th March 2023. Rolllz's issue was on 7 March 2023, the only down time being an intentional planned period of maintenance from 10am on that day, and as such there is no relationship between the server failures that happened on the 11-12 March and the day that Rolllz experienced his issues of connection.

As such, it is important for him to ensure that his connection is secure, which may or may not be a result of his ISP. Nonetheless, it is important to check these details and seek the necessary support from Jagex if the issue persists.
| RuneScape Support | Code of Conduct | Account Security |

12-Mar-2023 13:30:42 - Last edited on 12-Mar-2023 13:31:45 by Muzan-sama

Zix36
Jun Member 2022

Zix36

Posts: 302 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Servers have been laggy lately, dont let this guy fool you he made some good suggestions apart from the graphics drivers thats completely unrelated and the odds of that happening are extremely low, thats not a common solution to connection issue. literally just google "can graphics drivers affect my internet connection" and im sure you can confirm that while it is possible, its just a straight up lie to call it common. anyways my friend and i were just talking about it which led me here wondering if anyone else is experiencing the issue.

To clarify further I am talking about OSRS on both mobile and on PC. Random disconnections from servers, major lag ect. Muzan-sama just because his happened before the specified down time does not mean he did not experience it and the fact you want to throw out graphics drivers out there for a connection issue... If his game client was crashing? sure, consider looking into the drivers of the GPU but not a connection issue. I have been experiencing it for about 2 weeks now, and some others I have asked about it have been experiencing it as well. today at 4PM EST there were 650 people who reported getting disconnected at the same time via down detector by Ookla. I seriously doubt this is a graphics driver issue.

After standard troubleshooting I have come to the conclusion its not on my end and so has a friend of mine( keep in mind we both work in IT ), we've also come to the conclusion that we don't think its ISP related considering we live in completely separate states(US) and the only time we have an issue is with runescape. Streaming tv shows in the background don't buffer or lose connection, streaming music doesn't buffer.

Muzan-sama, I apologize if i come off as a bit harsh, but the other guy is right. you're basically telling the user its a them issue and providing assumptions that he didn't experience it because you somehow know the servers are fine.

14-Mar-2023 21:35:54

Zix36
Jun Member 2022

Zix36

Posts: 302 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
EDIT: so after I wrote the above post. around 6pm EST almost 2000 people reported server connection issues.

Source: https://downdetector.com/status/runescape/

15-Mar-2023 01:28:24 - Last edited on 15-Mar-2023 01:30:31 by Zix36

Quick find code: 409-410-92-66276021 Back to Top