Forums

Lag/Log Out and Crashes

Quick find code: 409-410-915-66280701

Anroy

Anroy

Posts: 970 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What's been happening:

-Every so often my client will lag out for around 10-15 seconds

-In some cases it returns to a live connection, but in other cases it kicks me out to the login screen. In other cases still, the client freezes up and becomes unresponsive and has to be force quit.

-After the client closes, sometimes it will take too long to establish a connection to the Runescape server than normal compared to what it would normally be like, often ending with a message to check my firewall.

-When I can't load the client, I also can't access the Runescape website momentarily. I can visit any other website besides Runescape, so it's likely not my internet connection.

-After a couple of minutes it resolves temporarily. Lag/log outs happen several times a day now since last week. Could it be due to Jagex Launcher?

-I have restarted my computer with little improvement in results.

- I have yet to try this on Android mobile.

Thanks for your support.

27-May-2023 15:11:04

Terian
Jul Member 2022

Terian

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello Anroy, this indeed sounds like it might be network related. Are you on a public network and/or school network, home network? In addition, are you on Wi-Fi or wired connection? I would check to see if you are able to browse the internet at all when your connection freezes, as your network interface might have lost connection itself. If not, i'd check to see what kind of anti-virus solution you are using and that it isn't blocking RuneScape.
Here to help <3
Still confused?Heres some great resources:
Runescape Support | Game Suggestions

27-May-2023 19:45:25

Anroy

Anroy

Posts: 970 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Terian said :
Hello Anroy, this indeed sounds like it might be network related. Are you on a public network and/or school network, home network? In addition, are you on Wi-Fi or wired connection? I would check to see if you are able to browse the internet at all when your connection freezes, as your network interface might have lost connection itself. If not, i'd check to see what kind of anti-virus solution you are using and that it isn't blocking RuneScape.

Hi Terian,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am currently connected to my home router via wifi. My personal speed, without the data sharing in my household, was 17 mbps a couple weeks ago but since we added one more temporarily, speeds have dropped. Come to think of it, this occurred right around the time we added a user. And I did actually have trouble with a Zoom call earlier this week. I will try and look at the issue and if it doesn't resolve, I'll get back to you via this thread.

Thank you so much for your help and interest,

27-May-2023 19:57:39

Quick find code: 409-410-915-66280701 Back to Top