Forums

In-game slow loading screens

Quick find code: 409-410-857-66279521

20_SILO_24
Jan Member 2020

20_SILO_24

Posts: 4,623 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have an older computer but it's working great and has a lot of memory left. (4T total).

Also running Win 7 Ultimate and I don't want to change unless I absolutely have to.

My in-game screen loading has gotten sooooo slow that it's super interrupting gameplay/immersion.

I have a Game Boost that doesn't seem to help.

Any suggestions to speed things up a bit.

TIA

03-May-2023 16:05:54

Terian
Jul Member 2022

Terian

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Best suggestion would be to ensure you have a SSD and are NOT using mechanical drives (HDD). Since HDDs are spinning a platter that has your data on it, it may take time for it to spin to get the data that's jumbled in different places. If you can't get a SSD right now, what might help is using windows disk defragment tool.
Here to help <3
Still confused?Heres some great resources:
Runescape Support | Game Suggestions

03-May-2023 16:16:55

Archmaestro
Jan Member 2023

Archmaestro

Posts: 37 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could you post more specifications for your computer like RAM, CPU, GPU?

I would disable desktop animations and window previews to help release system resources. There are other features that can be disabled such as re-drawing a window as it's being resized or moved to free up even more CPU/GPU. Also, desktop background animations/slideshows, window gradients, transparency effects, etc. You should be able to find those in personalization settings/display settings/advanced. It makes the desktop environment more choppy/snappy and old-school. It may also be harder on your eyes. Use it with caution :)

04-May-2023 06:28:54

Terian
Jul Member 2022

Terian

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh! An SSHD, yeah that's probably the issue, although the name may sound like you have the best of both, unfortunately this isn't true. An SSHD is a HDD with a small array of flash storage it uses to cache things. This is not controller by you the user, but by your OS itself, it will store the most used items in the flash part o the SSHD. If your specs aren't an issue, i'd recommend just going to a full SSD. An affordable option is buying a 250GB SSD (around 20-30$ depending on your location) and putting your operating system on that and if you have storage left, RuneScape. It would be a bit more helpful with the full specs like the others were saying to ensure this isn't something else as well.
Here to help <3
Still confused?Heres some great resources:
Runescape Support | Game Suggestions

10-May-2023 03:11:13

Quick find code: 409-410-857-66279521 Back to Top