Forums

Weird trading concerns. Thread is locked

Quick find code: 409-410-772-66273105

Caleb Arthur

Caleb Arthur

Posts: 70 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not sure if this is the proper place to post this but here goes.

So for the last few days I have noticed either level three accounts or what appear to be very high level very accomplished accounts logging in at the grand exchange and trading me.

At first this didn't seem weird but I noticed it only happens when I am wearing high value items.

The level three accounts trade what appears to be random amounts near 1 million GP very quickly, while accepting the trade, quickly changing the amount and accepting faster than any human could.

The high level accounts appear to be manually ran and start the conversation with hey "insert your player name here" your name is highlighted white.

The high level accounts typically proceed to give you around 200k value and claim things like, "I hope this changed my luck at Bandos" or "Buy me some feathers I'm at cap" -keep in mind these are max players fully aware of feathers packs I am sure lol.... The most recent one just stood there demanding I trade for a long time "It's just drop off bro" , they stated after spamming for a long time.

I understand this could be a trust type of lure, but it also doesn't make sense when you figure in the low level accounts doing the strange very fast trade adjustments and accepts.

To me it looks like they are trying to confuse some type of tracking system.

Keep in mind these very high or low level accounts only approach me if I am wearing higher tier gear.

Also the fake friendly chat bots will spam their name as a scammer. My guess would be they have switched gears from using the chat bots to extort those who stand up against them "me" to announcing the names of the scammers or shady characters so they look more trustworthy.

I know that last bit was a lot.

I wouldn't mind to keep accepting their 200kish donations for no reason so long as I am not becoming part of their laundering scheme haha.

26-Jan-2023 15:32:53 - Last edited on 26-Jan-2023 15:37:26 by Caleb Arthur

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,253 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello PainfulShart

This subforum is for helping players who have technical issues and your topic seems to be primarily about bots/rulebeakers. Bots and other rulebreaking should be reported in game. Also, it is not clear that the other aspects have the potential for constructive discussion value. If you'd like to revise/re-focus your thoughts, you could create a thread in a different subforum.

all the best as you continue to explore the game and the forums

P.S. It's best not to accept unsolicited trade attempts, as yes they could be a lure as you suspected, or it could be someone spreading RWT'd gp in an attempt to "launder" it. Either way, it's not worth the risk of loss of account wealth or getting a ban for RWTing.
like a chica cherry cola

@Twillow_RS|| #teamblue|| #Purple4life

28-Jan-2023 15:07:46 - Last edited on 28-Jan-2023 15:36:22 by Twillow

Quick find code: 409-410-772-66273105 Back to Top