Forums

game crashes

Quick find code: 409-410-736-66291830

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have 5 characters connected to my Jagex Account, 4 of which are in ftp only; thus leaving this "jodie" account the only one in members at this time, i.e. premier paid up through 2024 already.

I can get into the game; but my first click to do anything and the game crashes. Sometimes I don't even have time to click to do anything. It just crashes quickly. So far tonight I've tried to enter the game to play half a dozen times; all to no avail in that, once in game, the crash occurs!

I have no idea what causes this and would appreciate some help so my membership time is not wasted. Thank you.
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

13-Dec-2023 22:54:02

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

I don't know how to find this game's cache on my PC. :(

I will check out that hyperlink you gave me. Thanks
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!

14-Dec-2023 01:12:21

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

I don't know how to find this game's cache on my PC. :(

I will check out that hyperlink you gave me. Thanks

Just went to that URL and checked specifications. Mine are more than favorable to play this game.

I went to find the cache so as to delete it and this is what occurred:
I launched "RuneScape launcher" and while it was loading I clicked the cog on left bottom corner. It brought up "options" window where the "cache folder" showed to be located at C :p rogramdata/jagex. There were 3 tiny dots at the end of that and, when I clicked them that Jagex folder came up opened already. In it is a folder called "launcher" and another folder called "RuneScape". Now I'm confused. Do I go back to "programdata", find the folder that says "Jagex" and delete that folder? OR Do I delete the 2 folders found inside that folder (ones mentioned above)? Also, after deleting all this, won't I need to re-download both the Jagex Launcher that launches the RuneScape Launcher as well as download the RuneScape Launcher? (I get so lost in technical stuff!)

14-Dec-2023 01:12:33 - Last edited on 14-Dec-2023 01:32:28 by jodie

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

I then went to the Jagex Support Center and went in circles as nothing there spoke to my crashing issue.

14-Dec-2023 01:38:28

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

I decided to look in my control panel for the Jagex Launcher and uninstall it, intending to download and re-install it again.

In the uninstall part of my control window I found Jagex Launcher and when clicking on it there was an option to "repair". I chose that option and got the message that repair was accomplished.

Then I attempted to get back into the game and did so without any problems at all. Thus, a simple solution........... :)

14-Dec-2023 03:43:44

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Well, the same thing is occurring tonight. Playing this game has been fine today until now.

I went into my control and essentially did the same thing that fixed it last time; only this time it did not fix the crashing problem. Here I am again not being able to play. I can get into the game; but one click to do anything at all and the game crashes.

I still cannot find the "cache" so many have mentioned. I'm running windows 10 and have all specification (and even more) needed to play this game; and have been playing for years on this same computer. I just never had a need to clean any cache; and am not even sure what it is because, when I do what Jagex says to do to find it, I do not find any folder that says "cache". What I do find has what I mentioned above.

What do I do now? Delete everything I can find relative to RuneScape and start all over downloading? What would this do to my Jagex Account? This is so disheartening............ I'm just not a technical person so all this is extremely difficult for me and quite frightening as I could do more harm because I don't really understand any of this. :( (

15-Dec-2023 01:50:57

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,969 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
jodie said :
I decided to look in my control panel for the Jagex Launcher and uninstall it, intending to download and re-install it again.

In the uninstall part of my control window I found Jagex Launcher and when clicking on it there was an option to "repair". I chose that option and got the message that repair was accomplished.

Then I attempted to get back into the game and did so without any problems at all. Thus, a simple solution........... :)
Retry to do the 'repair-option' and when it is accomplished close it and restart your computer to see if that makes a difference.

15-Dec-2023 10:46:27

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Thanks. I did try the repair option and reboot PC. I could not tell it made a difference.

I was able to reinstall the new download; and that worked for the most part.

What I've discovered is that the crashing occurs only when my character is in the Invention Guild. I've doing a lot of work with perks; and it has been hard because of this crashing. Just occurred again a few moments ago. :(

18-Dec-2023 00:02:07

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,969 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
jodie said :
Thanks. I did try the repair option and reboot PC. I could not tell it made a difference.

I was able to reinstall the new download; and that worked for the most part.

What I've discovered is that the crashing occurs only when my character is in the Invention Guild. I've doing a lot of work with perks; and it has been hard because of this crashing. Just occurred again a few moments ago. :(
Report a bug ... <- (link) at '
Jagex's Support Centre
' information how to report.
Please do file a bug-report as your issue is recurring of nature and to a specific place related in RuneScape. Maybe Jagex/JMods are able to help you out.

18-Dec-2023 09:30:48

Quick find code: 409-410-736-66291830 Back to Top