Forums

What has happened to rs???

Quick find code: 409-410-735-66274602

Asterrameth
Apr Member 2023

Asterrameth

Posts: 1,742 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My 1 year premium expired like a week or so ago i think but i got 7 days from prime gaming to come back and have a look/play a bit.

Thats not happening. First the official "osrs client" I used for half of last year simply wouldnt even ackownledge me double, triple, quadruple clicking. I mean I even went super silly and went direct to the launcher app highlighted it and held enter down for half a minute. a nano second of blue circle then nothing. Like as if i never existed to press a button.

So i delete it, and download the brand new "Jagex launcher" and when i try and play osrs through that i just get "ERROR Unfortunately Old School Runescape could not be started. Please try uninstalling the game and re-install using the button in the jagex launcher. If this problem continues, contact Jagex support."

But alas its a trap. The ONLY button it gives me to press is "QUIT LAUNCHER". Oh sure yeah i'll really try and trouble shoot this with the launcher simply closed. Nice.

So i close it, and re-open it and... what "button" to unistall and re-install. there is none. Not in "Settings", not in "feedback", not in "Shop", not in "Website" (though thats where i downloaded this from in the first place), not in any of the "News" articles, not in "VIEW ALL". So its broken, it kicks me out after i tells me to click a button that doesnt exist.

And finally, just logging in to the website is a chore now. First page it loads tells me to log in with my email. I dont have an email log in my account is ancient, so i have to click the button that says so, it stops and loads a new page. I have to manually type my username as the thing forgets it everytime, It then loads an entirely different looking page for my password with spinning circles at every step. The only saving grace is i only had to log in once into the launcher, that doesnt work.

What has happened in the 2 months i was away?!!

14-Feb-2023 09:36:52

Asterrameth
Apr Member 2023

Asterrameth

So i found some installer for oldschool, which showed up with (1) after it in my downloads folder so it exists twice there now. And woo the "Uninstall" button has appeared on the launcher. Still cant play the game. Now i get a red circle with a red line through the middle for a few seconds whilst the play button turns into 3 dots, then it resets and just shows "Play" again without actually loading anything.

What has gone so catastrophically wrong?

14-Feb-2023 09:50:09

Asahel Frost
Dec Member 2007

Asahel Frost

Posts: 16,537 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Asterrameth.
Asterrameth said :
So i delete it, and download the brand new "Jagex launcher" and when i try and play osrs through that i just get "ERROR Unfortunately Old School Runescape could not be started.

Simply deleting the game client files does not uninstall it. The system, and so the Launcher, still think it is there and try to start it.

Go to the Windows settings, then the Apps page, scroll down to find the Runescape and OSRS clients in the list, right-click them, and click Uninstall.

Then restart the Jagex Launcher, and the 'Play' button should change to 'Install'.

The login flow on the website has been changed to accommodate the Jagex Account, which is currently in closed beta with some players. See this page for some details of that:
Jagex Accounts Closed Beta
Glad to be of service :) (Powered by GPP™ - Share and Enjoy!)
Official Community Helper
( Info )
Discord: Asahel Frost
FC: SilverScaper

14-Feb-2023 09:51:27 - Last edited on 14-Feb-2023 09:54:39 by Asahel Frost

Asterrameth
Apr Member 2023

Asterrameth

hey, it doesnt work for me. I found osrs in the installed apps list but when i did try to uninstall it loaded the jagex launcher. I tried twice not sure if i did somehting wrong. After that i uninstalled from the launcher, then the PLAY turned to INSTALL but after installing Old School again the PLAY button still turns into 3 dots, the cursor into a red circle with a line through it and then back to an arrow and a PLAY button, with nothing actually loaded

14-Feb-2023 10:14:49

Quick find code: 409-410-735-66274602 Back to Top