Forums

OSRS Client Freezes

Quick find code: 409-410-723-66274423

Nareik
Dec Member 2017

Nareik

Posts: 772 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

Long shot but I'm hoping someone can help. I enjoy playing OSRS but for some reason my client seems to freeze for a few seconds every 10-20 minuets or so.

I have no idea why, it never used to happen and I don't know what I can try.

I have tried clearing my cache, updating all my drivers etc.

My computer can handle runescape but my set-up is as below if needed:
GPU RTX3070
CPU Ryzen 5 3600
16gb RAM.

I used the Runelite client.

Internet wise, at the time of typing this I get 90MBPS download and 31MBPS upload.

It's really frustrating and really limiting what I can do on the game, any suggestions for a fix would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

11-Feb-2023 17:59:43

Muzan-sama
Dec Member 2020

Muzan-sama

Posts: 708 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Nareik

I have been doing some research into your issue and it is possible that the problem may not be on your setup but in the game itself. When the game is at its highest population at certain hours of the day, playing at these times may make you vulnerable to the freezes you are currently experiencing.

I would suggest testing playing at a different time to see if you experience the same issue. If do continue to experience the same problem, it may be a matter of updating your graphics driver. You can find more information on game issues in the link below:

- Game crashes Support.

Hope this helps.
| RuneScape Support | Code of Conduct | Account Security |

11-Feb-2023 20:27:44

Nareik
Dec Member 2017

Nareik

Posts: 772 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I apprecaite it.

Unfortunately time of day doesn't seem to make a difference. This has been happening for a few weeks now. I've updated all drivers and still the problem persists.

11-Feb-2023 21:13:53

Vrucht

Vrucht

Posts: 26 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi, my client seems to have the same issue. Maybe it's got to do smoething with peak hours. just now my client froze multiple times in a row (never had it this bad.) Sunday evening europe time (active trailblazer league) and using runelite through the jagex launcer.

19-Nov-2023 16:27:16

Quick find code: 409-410-723-66274423 Back to Top