Forums

GAME KEEPS CLOSING OUT

Quick find code: 409-410-708-66282959

Vernsson
Dec Member 2006

Vernsson

Posts: 1,576 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This has been going on for weeks now. Very annoying. The game closes out randomly and recently, when it does, it happens often. I'm not referring to when the game occasionally loses connection and will come back or drop you to the lobby, this closes the page out completely as if you clicked the "X" at the top right corner. Gone. I've switched worlds to see if that helps, but it doesn't. Any ideas?
You can never
have too many snare drums or cymbals. Yes. That's correct. Cymbals, too.

02-Jul-2023 15:14:04

vermithrax56
Mar Member 2014

vermithrax56

Posts: 71 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm on my 2nd account now. It started again tonight. It happened three times in less than five minutes. I'm done with the game for tonight. This is infuriating. Game just drops like the "X" was clicked. Any ideas? I'll try to submit a bug report if the game will stay up long enough. Edit: I tried to submit a report, but it dropped before I could finish it. Remember, you can never have too many snare drums. Or cymbals, for that matter. Yes. Cymbals, too.

09-Jul-2023 04:11:42 - Last edited on 09-Jul-2023 04:24:12 by vermithrax56

Vernsson
Dec Member 2006

Vernsson

Window 11 PC. I5 12400F 2.5 gGHz. 16 gigs ram. Radeon RX 6650 XT video card. I uninstalled Runescape and re-installed it. When it did auto-config, it had it at lower setting (most were on Ultra before) and the problem seemed to stop. It started back up tonight.
You can never

30-Jul-2023 02:14:33

Terian
Jul Member 2022

Terian

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vernsson said :
Window 11 PC. I5 12400F 2.5 gGHz. 16 gigs ram. Radeon RX 6650 XT video card. I uninstalled Runescape and re-installed it. When it did auto-config, it had it at lower setting (most were on Ultra before) and the problem seemed to stop. It started back up tonight.
I have heard a lot of people having issues with AMD drivers, what driver version are you on?
Here to help <3
Still confused?Heres some great resources:
Runescape Support | Game Suggestions

30-Jul-2023 04:00:14

Vernsson
Dec Member 2006

Vernsson

I looked into my AMD version and a warning comes up that my current version is not compatible with installed AMD graphics driver. I went to their site as instructed and did their download of fresh/updated drivers. Hopefully that will fix the problem. I liked playing RS3 in Ultra settings but it's not crucial. I went back in before the update and reduced some of my settings to medium and that seemed to fix the problem for now. I'm not a fan of AMD cards because they have tended to be a pain to update because they don't tell you when it needs to be done like Nvidia does. I had no problems with previous Nvidia cards, but with the PC I bought, I could either have AMD and 1 TB SSD drive or Nvidia with 256 GB SSD so I picked the AMD PC. I have a 2nd PC that I strictly use for my DAW and it has a 256 SSD. It's into the red line for space already. VST plugins can be massive in size. Along with that, some of the songs I write and record can have up to 50+ tracks which consumes much space as well. I have an external 1 TB drive with the 256, but I'm not tech savvy enough to take the chance of moving the wrong files to it and end up losing songs. At 67 years old and with the speed of which technology changes, it puts me at a disadvantage. I do want to thank you for the time you've taken to help me though.
You can never

30-Jul-2023 06:28:30

Quick find code: 409-410-708-66282959 Back to Top