Forums

changing pass

Quick find code: 409-410-594-66282531

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I connected this "jodie" account to the Jagex Account ; then added my alternate characters; and all have been working fine.

What I need to know is this:

1. Can I change the password on this "jodie" account without it changing the password on the "Jagex account"?

2. Can I change the registered email on this "jodie" account without it changing the one on this newly formed Jagex Account?

I don't want to mess up the Jagex Account; but I would like the option of changing my passwords periodically as I've done in past years....without it affecting the password on this Jagex Account. Is this possible? Or is this "jodie" account one and the same now with the Jagex Account and what I do with one affects the other?
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

25-Jun-2023 19:37:32 - Last edited on 25-Jun-2023 19:38:35 by jodie

Terian
Jul Member 2022

Terian

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello, I believe the one Jagex account is now used to log into all your imported accounts; Meaning that changing the password to your Jagex Account will disable access with the old password to *all* linked accounts. Here is the FAQ for the Jagex Accounts as well if you'd like further clarification on the topic.
Here to help <3
Still confused?Heres some great resources:
Runescape Support | Game Suggestions

25-Jun-2023 22:02:12

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 24,800 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Your RS characters no longer have login credentials as they're now part of the new Account and no longer separate entities. If you change your password, you would do so on the Jagex Account, because that's your login.

Your registered email on the characters can be changed on the character settings page, but this is only used for marketing/promotional emails now. The security aspect of it (login name change, pass change, auth codes, etc), are all using the Jagex Account email. Which, when changed, that new email will be used to sign in with until changed again.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

25-Jun-2023 22:51:00 - Last edited on 25-Jun-2023 22:51:34 by YtHaar-Mej

Quick find code: 409-410-594-66282531 Back to Top