Forums

Jagex Launcher won't run - Mac

Quick find code: 409-410-519-66281645

Unkle_Andy

Unkle_Andy

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After the known bug "too many login attempts" finally got to me on the RS login client, I decided to try installing the new Jagex Launcher. But, to my avail, once the launcher has been installed, it fails to launch. I double click, or right click and select "open", and then the icon bulges for a second, then nothing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, doing all this through the official Runescape website.

My mac is very old (~12 years) and only runs on 10.10.6 OS "Yosemite". Perhaps my OS is too outdated...

So now I cannot login via the RS client because of the recurring "too many login attempts." bug, and the Jagex Launcher doesn't even open up for me. FML

Any help in finding a solution would be greatly appreciated!

11-Jun-2023 09:40:45

Terian
Jul Member 2022

Terian

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

I did read through the requirements and it states versions of mac 10+, which you are on 10.10, however that is rather dated and might be a issue with Java updates. Here is a look at the requirements, depending on what mac you are using, see if you are able to update it to a newer version of mac, hopefully that can fix some software bugs/issues.
Here to help <3
Still confused?Heres some great resources:
Runescape Support | Game Suggestions

12-Jun-2023 02:11:56

Ochiba

Ochiba

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello!

Got an simular problem over here. Having a macboox air with mac osx 10.11.6
Launcher multiplie times downloaded and deleted. But after installed it wont just open.
Its hard to just play a game these days, back in the days it was an easy download or just on the site, can any help maybe? Want to get back into it!

Thanks

25-Dec-2023 19:31:43

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 24,800 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Some of the dependencies that the Launcher requires got updated, so now you have to be running macOS 10.13 at minimum for it to work.

Anything below that, the launcher will not operate.

---
Future issues:
10.13 and 10.14 are deprecated for the chromium dependencies, and can eventually lose support with future updates, which will require updating to at least 10.15.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

25-Dec-2023 22:15:49

Quick find code: 409-410-519-66281645 Back to Top