Forums

now "windows client" ??

Quick find code: 409-410-507-66265857

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Been playing this game with "windows client" for years. Nothing has changed with regard to my computer. Now I'm getting error message and client will not load. What do I do?

I had downloaded the new "Jagex Client" but it got to where it would give error message after last Monday's update; so no longer have that on my computer. When trying to find it under "downloads" hyperlink here on RS site, I cannot find this launcher. Did they do away with it?
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

03-Nov-2022 23:42:12

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

I uninstalled "Windows Client" and downloaded it again from RS home page. It is now called "windows launcher" and it will not install. Instead, I get the message that the RS site is not working. What is going on?

Paying a member's fee for a game I cannot get into hurts!
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!

04-Nov-2022 00:56:40

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Problem solved.... I went to the following URL

https://support.runescape.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4431227961489-Jagex-Launcher-FAQ#_ga=2.48430433.65659000.1653726625-1833776984.1653726624

Then downloaded the launcher and installed it. Afterward I discovered the "runescape launcher" was, also, re-installed. All this got me back into the game.

What I discovered upon entering the game was, though all in bank and on person was as I had left it, the cursor was "customized"; so this is giving me a bit of discomfort. Also everything was extra slow at showing up for awhile; however I suspect this is because the cache had been cleared. So all is well.............

05-Nov-2022 06:39:10

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Pescao6, are you saying the "Steam" client (a 3rd party outside Jagex) is more reliable than Jagex's own "Jagex Launcher"? What makes you think so?

07-Nov-2022 13:02:09

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 24,800 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
jodie said :
Pescao6, are you saying the "Steam" client (a 3rd party outside Jagex) is more reliable than Jagex's own "Jagex Launcher"? What makes you think so?
It's not a 3rd party client...? It's literally made by Jagex as they're the publisher for it. Steam just launches the applet on your device, like how the new launcher does.

I think Pesc is referring to on OSRS how steam launches a c++ applet (basically the RS3 launcher but loads OSRS), compared to the downloadable Java applet. So it gets better performance being off the clunky java code.

For RS3, there's no difference, they're the same launcher being loaded different methods, so there's no difference in performance.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

08-Nov-2022 16:48:47

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Well my PC did an automatic update on the Windows 10 operating system. Afterward the two game launchers (RuneScape and Jagex) would not work.

Again I had to go into control panel and uninstall both; and it was "suppose" to have removed all folders/files connected to them. However, I discovered the files were not removed. So I went into my directory, found the folders/files and attempted to delete them manually. I was able to delete all the files except one that was in the "locales" folder. It is the "en-US.pak" file.

I rebooted!

I have been able to re-download the RuneScape Launcher and install it; thus am able to play the game. However, after downloading the Jagex Launcher I have not been able to install it because I keep getting the message, "...The action can't be completed because the file is open in Jagex Launcher. Close the file and try again." I found no way of "closing" this file; thus have not been able to delete it. And, thus, have not been able to install the "Jagex Launcher". Help would be appreciated.

09-Nov-2022 13:35:01

Quick find code: 409-410-507-66265857 Back to Top