Forums

GAME LAUNCHER NOT WORKING

Quick find code: 409-410-441-66264400

Dragon0fWest
Dec Member 2019

Dragon0fWest

Posts: 55 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So as the title states, I cannot get the game launcher to work on my PC. It was just working two days ago and now it gets stuck at loading in game details.
I've tried deleting the program from my computer and re-installing however it is still not working.

Please help. I'm trying to get back in game!

14-Oct-2022 23:27:51 - Last edited on 14-Oct-2022 23:28:44 by Dragon0fWest

Local Files
Oct Member 2021

Local Files

Posts: 420 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello Dragon0fWest,

This could happen when some of your programs are not updated to their latest version. Make sure your drivers are up-to-date both system and graphics. If you have updated them or just did and are still experiencing the same issue clearing your cache is the next thing you could try.

Cache files can become damaged/corrupted over time and start causing problems in-game.
Clearing your cache files will force the client to download fresh copies of these files, which can help to resolve some of these issues. More information regarding clearing your cache can be found here: How to clear your cache (click me) (this will redirect you to the official Runescape support website) .

Still stuck? Head over to the troubleshooting form for more information regarding all things client problems. You can find troubleshooting form here: Runecape client issues (click me) (this will redirect you to the official Runescape support website) .

Good luck and keep us updated on how it is going. You could always reach out to the support team if you’d feel like doing so. You can find the contact button over at the second link above ( client issues) and scroll down all the way. Click on “get in touch”.
Ooh, shiny things!

14-Oct-2022 23:54:20 - Last edited on 14-Oct-2022 23:57:24 by Local Files

bonvido

bonvido

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is happening to me together with messages from multiple connections, if I'm not mistaken, do you try to load the launcher and it freezes on loading?

The same thing happens to me and the only way I could get in was to try up to 10 times or change it to compatibility mode.

But there are many scholars who give technical answers without knowing the real problem. I'm sorry friend I suffer your pain.

19-Oct-2022 02:53:42

Woody Chain
Sep Member 2005

Woody Chain

Posts: 1,926 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Same here, no problems until today first time trying to load client.
Asking me to try compatability mode then that does not work and then asks me to go back to normal mode but that crashes as well
Everything is up to date.
Sighs

20-Oct-2022 18:24:57

Woody Chain
Sep Member 2005

Woody Chain

Posts: 1,926 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hmm, all I did was to restart my computer and now I can get as far as loading the game, will see how long I last playing the game.
The other related issue is clearing the cache.
I have followed the link in other posts to how you do that, and it talks about:

RuneScape
Whilst the client is loading click the 'Options' cog in the lower left
Your cache files are saved in 'Cache folder'
Locate and delete the whole folder

But if as before the client was crashing before loading, how can one do the above?
Is there another way to do this please.

20-Oct-2022 18:59:37

Quick find code: 409-410-441-66264400 Back to Top